If you are still hesitant about getting for yourself a pair of true wireless earbuds, then there is good news for you: this year is the best time to do that.
In the past, this new generation of earphones has encountered countless issues, from bulky designs, poor sound quality, connectivity problems, and most importantly, the variety of available models. But with the rising demand and a number of new companies entering the market, both the availability and quality has been improved significantly.
By saying that, we don’t mean you should pick whatever you like since there are still bad products out there. But if you stick with our guide and recommendations below, you should be fine with your selection.
Best True Wireless Earbuds For Every Need
TOZO T10 – Powerful Bass
Those who love working out usually listen to high-energy, uplifting music with a lot of punchy basses. If this is also the case for you, a pair of wireless earbuds specifically designed for the low side of the spectrum like TOZO T10 will do the trick.
These wireless Bluetooth earbuds come with 8-mm audio drivers, which is relatively larger than other similar models. Thanks to this, the TOZO T10 delivers authentic and natural sound with robust and powerful bass.
This bass has a strong impact on how the earbuds sound as you may feel that the overall audio sometimes gets swallowed by this lower part, making it a perfect choice for genres like hip-hop, EDM, and pop. Just listen to any song from Snoop Dogg or Led Zeppelin, and you will know that we mean.
On top of that, the soundstage is fairly competent, given the compact design of these compact wireless earbuds. There is enough depth so you can hear and separate what’s going on with the music between the instruments and vocals.
However, while the details and bass seem to be good, we can’t say the same thing about the high end of the sound coming out of the TOZO T10. The treble feels a bit unbalanced with not enough contrast between it and the resounding bass below.
Verdict: While the high end can use some improvements, the T10 is still a gift from TOZO to bassheads with crisp and impeccable bass.
- [Hi-fi stereo sound quality] TOZO T10 Earbuds' 8mm large size speaker driver (the drive area is 1.77 times than the normal drive area) delivers powerful bass( lowest 16Hz), mellow midrange, and clear treble(up to 20kHz). Reproducing your music vividly.
- [TWS & BLUETOOTH 5.0] Features with the advanced Bluetooth 5.0 technology, TOZO T10 Earbuds support HSP HFP A2DP AVRCP, which provides instant pairing and stable transmission without interruptions.
- Excellent bass
- Good overall audioquality
- IPX8 waterproof
- Comfortable to wear
- No equalizer app
- Unbalanced treble
Boltune BT-BH020 – The Most Convenient
Boltune seems to know what people seek for the most when they purchase true wireless earbuds – a seamlessly convenient and truly wireless experience. You can have a taste of what these words mean with the BT-BH020, which is packed with user-oriented features.
Right on each earbud, you can see a big, round multi-function button that you can use to control the BT-BH020. It allows you to adjust the volume, play/pause, answer/reject/end calls, and skip songs. Boltune even lets you connect them with Siri – the digital assistant on Apple devices.
The best part about these two buttons is that they use pushing instead of touching mechanism, meaning you can avoid accidentally pressing them. With these touch controls, you don’t need to get your phone out of your pocket to make a quick adjustment: now everything can be done from your earbuds themselves.
In addition to that, there is a battery indicator on the front of the wireless charging case, so you can when your case is running out of power.
On the flip side, the audio quality of the built-in microphone is merely okay. It’s decent for a quick call, but for more important recordings, you should stick to the mic of your phone.
Verdict: The Boltune BT-BH020, with its well-designed multi-function touch control buttons, is on another level of convenience if you jump straight from a pair of wired earphones.
- [Upgraded] Bluetooth V5.2 Wirelss Earbuds: Adopting the most advanced Bluetooth V5.2, Boltune wireless earbuds offer you an unparalleled audio experience with faster transmission speed, stronger connection stability, and longer range of bluetooth. You will experience a smoother and clearer music playback and conversations than ever with no more worries about signal loss or music dropouts. Make your lifestyle cool with Boltune BH020
- One-step paring technology: Open the box, you can seamlessly pair this device to your Bluetooth devices automatically without any problem. You don’t need any skills to use Bluetooth earbuds. In a couple of seconds, you will be in your euphonic music world.
- Convenient touch control
- Long battery life
- Fit comfortably
- USB Type-C port included
- Average microphone quality
- Overpowering and unbalanced bass
Purity Earbuds – Solid Sound Quality For Various Genres
If you are not a fan of any specific genre but your music playlist always consists of various songs from multiple artists, check out these earbuds from Purity. They have well-rounded sound quality that is not only suitable for music but also calls, podcasts, and movies.
The bass coming out of the Purity earbuds is really a treat for those who prefer less intense and more relaxed low end.
As long as you’re not a basshead who wants manufacturers to put as much bass in their earphones as possible, you will be pleased with them. There is still a lot of detail of drums and guitars without sounding overpowering.
The midrange also seems to be okay as you can easily hear clear vocals even though there is a bit of compression. While it may detract from the clarity of some music, the midrange of the Purity earbuds is still acceptable for electronica, pop, and rock.
To complete the spectrum, these wireless Bluetooth earbuds also have a solid high end. The treble doesn’t feel uncomfortable or too sharp, allowing you to enjoy your favorite music.
So what’s the catch? You will be disappointed with the Purity earbuds if you want to have them for a long listening session as they have a playtime of around four hours.
Verdict: While the Purity earbuds are not the true champion of any specific area, its overall audio quality is one of the most complete sound profiles for wireless in-ears you can find at this price range.
- Superior Sound Quality - Experience music, movies, podcasts, calls, and more in a whole new way. Bluetooth 5.0 technology gives you high quality sound for listening and conversations. Provides superior connectivity and the ability to enjoy your earbuds happily. [IMPORTANT: Remember to experiment with the 3 different earcap sizes (S, M, L) to find a snug and secure fit.]
- Quick Pairing - Stress-free pairing right out of the charging case. Purity earbuds will give flashing light and voice indications when done synching so you can pair to your smartphone easily. (Please remove protective film from earbuds before use).
- Well-rounded sound, suitable for various genres
- Good call quality and active noise cancellation
- IPX5 waterproof
- Quick pairing
- Have a single ear mode
- Average battery life
- Uncomfortable and not versatile fit
Rademax T12 – Budget AirPods Alternative
The Rademax T12 wireless in-ears had once made the news when they were duped as a “major competitor” to Apple’s AirPod Pro, even though there is a vast difference in price between these two models. So what’s the secret behind the popularity of this budget wireless earbuds?
First off, you can see how these budget wireless earbuds resemble the look of the AirPods with its color and design choices. Even though the Rademax earbuds are slightly larger and have an additional volume control button, no one can deny where this manufacturer gets the inspiration for its product.
The button allows you to pause and play music, skip tracks, or answer phone calls. If you are an Apple user, the T12 even lets you switch on or off your digital assistant Siri with a triple-click – a must-have feature if you want to replace your AirPods.
Even the wireless charging case and how you store the T12 in it are similar. With this portable case, you can have a total of 35 hours of playtime.
But of course, the Rademax T12 does have some issues compared to the AirPods, especially its connectivity. Many users have said the Bluetooth connection between the T12 and their phones is not always stable, and they need to reset them each time this happens.
Verdict: The Rademax T12 is a great cheap true wireless alternative to the AirPod Pro if you are an iPhone user or have any other Apple device.
- Easily Change Between Single And Binaural Mode---FALWEDI Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds can let you freely use either earbuds, you are no longer have to wear a fixed earphone for Single Ear Mode and easily switch between Single Ear Mode and Binaural Mode. Meet your use requirements for different occasions.
- New Bluetooth 5.0 Tech---FALWEDI Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds have the most advanced Bluetooth 5.0 technology, supporting HSP, HFP, A2DP, AVRCP. Provides in-call stereo sound and fast, stable transmission. You just need to open the charging case and connect to “T12” on your device. They will connect to the last connected device automatically after first used.
- Same sleek design as the AirPods
- Convenient control button
- IPX5 water resistance
- Unstable Bluetooth connection
- Average battery life
Enacfire E60 – Great Battery Life
Enacfire has always been known for the quality of batteries in its products, so it’s not a surprise that the Enacfire E60 comes out on top of the battery life tests.
With a single charge, this pair of earbuds can give you 8 hours of playtime even when you set a high volume and play high-bitrate tracks. This is more than enough for most people. You can enjoy your favorite music or podcasts on your commute without worrying about it running out of power.
On top of that, the carrying case also holds enough reserve power for 5 extra charges, bringing the total playtime to 48 hours – a massive number for a true wireless model. Another great feature of this case is that it uses a USB Type-C port and supports Qi quick wireless charging technology. They are premium features we can usually find only on high-grade products.
The biggest setback of the Enacfire E60 is its unattractive designs of both the earbuds and case, which have weird shapes and plain looks.
Verdict: Like other Enacfire products, the E60 is the king when it comes to battery life – the top priority when you have your earbuds on your ears all the time.
- 【Sound Like a Pro】 A premium audio quality is essential to achieve greater performance. Installed with Qualcomm apt-X technology, ENACFIRE E60 wireless earbuds provides powerful, low-bit rate transmission and scalability for free lossless audio. Nothing more important to always have music with you through the toughest workout.
- 【Wireless Charging Technology】With highly effective wireless charging case equipped, ENACFIRE E60 wireless earphones simplify all the charging process and deliver the truth wireless life experiences. Charging just as easy as placing them on the charging pad. Lay it down, charge it up, just like magic.
- Long battery life, up to 48 hours
- Support quick wireless charging
- Use USB Type-C port
- Plain design
- Lackluster bass and treble
How To Choose The Right Pair of True Wireless Earbuds
Size and Fitting
A pair of earbuds will be useless if it doesn’t fit your ears, no matter how many advanced features it has or how great it sounds.
At first, most true wireless models are huge and can’t provide a comfortable fit. But since Apple came to the market with the AirPods, which are more comfortable to wear thanks to the hanging batteries and receivers, other companies have started to follow suit like the newly-released Google Pixel Buds.
There are now different design approaches with the same aim of creating snug fit in your ears, and the best way to verify this is to test them by yourself. Some even provide extra silicone ear tips with different sizes.
This may sound tech-savvy, but you should try to figure out which music codecs your device, usually your phone, supports.
The newest versions of Android OS are compatible with most Bluetooth audio codecs, such as LDAC, aptX, AAC, and SBC. This makes the choice of Android users much easier since most true wireless earbuds already support at least one of those codecs.
But the story is completely different for Apple users since iOS officially supports only SBC and AAC. You don’t need to be concerned over whether your earbuds can work with higher-quality codes like LDAC since these capabilities are useless for iPhones anyway.
Unlike wired gaming headsets or over-ear headphones, There is an ugly fact about wireless earbuds: most of them sound so horribly that you don’t even need to be an audiophile to notice that, and this also includes call quality.
One of the most common issues is thin and weak bass, which is usually combined with the drawn-out overall sound and poor frequency response.
Even though you have a tight budget, poor audio quality is not something you should accept for a pair of in-ear headphones, especially when you plan to use them regularly.
There are many decent inexpensive models, like the Purity earbuds, Sennheiser Momentum True, Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2, or the Cambridge Audio Melomania, that don’t sound like they are punching your ears.
You buy wireless Bluetooth earbuds for superb convenience, period. They should have a quick pairing process with your smartphones and maintain this Bluetooth connection stable later. Otherwise, they are not truly wireless.
But many Bluetooth headphones have high latency that can lead to noticeable lags between what your phone is playing and what you’re hearing. Many high-end earphones come with a low-latency mode, which is crucial when you watch videos or play games.
A single charge of true wireless earbuds can provide anywhere between 3 and 9 hours of battery life. On top of that, noisecanceling headphones with active noise canceling technologies, like the Master & Dynamic MW07 Plus, Sony WF-1000XM3 or the Transparency mode on AirPod Pro, also drain more power and reduce the battery life further.
A good wireless charging case may allow you to charge your earbuds more times whenever you put them in the case.
A typical customer should aim for at least five hours of battery life, which should be enough for a day of use.
What is the difference between “true wireless” and regular “wireless” earbuds?
The most important distinction between them is that with true wireless models, you don’t have any cable between the earbuds. Instead, they use Bluetooth to communicate with each other.
On the other hand, traditional wireless headphones still use a wire or neckband between the earpieces.
When should I not get them?
If you’re a person who loses keys or pens often, think twice before buying true wireless earbuds. You may misplace or drop these tiny earpieces and don’t notice until it’s too late.
The good news is many companies have started to provide tracking ability for their products or give you a discount if you need a replacement.
Can I connect my wireless earbuds to my PC?
Your laptop is going to work well with wireless earphones, and this is also the case for your PC if it supports Bluetooth connectivity.
Can I use them on airplanes?
Yes, most smartphones still maintain Bluetooth connections when you put them on the Airplane mode.
Are they good for exercise?
Many Bluetooth headphones are designed with exercises and workouts in mind, so you should have no trouble with this. For example, earbuds for running like Bose SoundSport, Beats Powerbeats Pro or Jabra Elite Active 75T often fit more securely in the ear and have a decent water resistance rating.
Why should I use true wireless earbuds?
There are a lot of advantages of true wireless earbuds, mainly the lack of cables or wires between two earpieces, which is a huge boost in convenience when you do something like exercising.
How do wireless earbuds sound?
While it’s true that many true wireless models don’t provide the best audio quality, the gap between them and wired earphones has been tremendously narrowed. You can totally find a pair of good-sounding wireless earphones for yourself, like the Purity, Klipsch T5, or Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2.
Manufacturers are flooding the market with their true wireless earbuds that come in various shapes and features. Some create a unique design while some draw inspiration from the leading players, but each of them certainly has its own focus and a target market.
As a result, the most important thing when looking for a good pair of wireless earbuds is to determine your listening needs first, and you will certainly find the right choice for yourself.