Doppler Labs: Trademark & Brand Policy Usage Guidelines
Doppler Labs trademarks and trade dress are protected in the US and internationally, and may not be used without our written permission. Doppler Labs trademarks include, but are not limited to, Doppler Labs, Here One, Doppler Labs logo and other graphics, phrases or images that identify the source or origin of Doppler Labs product and services. Do not alter or modify the marks or use them in a confusing way that suggests that Doppler Labs sponsors or endorses you or your products or services, or confuses the Doppler Labs brand with another brand.
You may use our Doppler Labs word marks (such as Doppler Labs and Here One, but not our logos) in truthful and factual statements to communicate: (1) that your product is “made for use with” or “compatible with” Doppler Labs devices or services (more about this is below), or (2) your interest in Doppler Labs products or original Doppler Labs media. If you are an authorized Doppler Labs distributor or reseller, you should review your agreement with Doppler Labs to understand your authorization to use Doppler Labs marks.
You must use the appropriate legend ® for registered trademarks, ™ for unregistered trademarks, and ℠ for unregistered service marks. Further, you must use the trademark only as an adjective followed by a generic term—for example, “Here Buds™ wireless earbuds” — and never as a noun or verb, and never in the plural or possessive form.
Accessories, Applications, and Merchandise
Please note that we generally don’t permit use of our marks on accessories, applications or merchandise (or anything else) without our prior written approval and appropriate legal documentation. Merchandise includes anything you create or build such as: t-shirts, hats etc. We love your enthusiasm for our products but please don’t put our marks (including wordmarks and logos) on your custom creations.
If you are making or developing something that can be used with our devices you may make factual, truthful statements about how your item works with or is made to be used with a Doppler Labs product or service, but you may not use our marks as part of your product name and they must be used, if at all, in a way that appears less prominent than your product or service name. Your use must not create the impression that Doppler Labs endorses, sponsors, approves of, or is in any was associated with your product or service.
In all materials that contain one of the above phrases, you must also make sure the following text appears where it can be seen by someone purchasing such an item: "DOPPLER LABS, Here One, the DOPPLER LABS logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Doppler Labs, Inc."
Please do not apply for a trademark containing DOPPLER LABS or HERE One or one of our other marks, and do not use DOPPLER LABS or HERE One in your website name or register a domain name that contains DOPPLER LABS, HERE One or any of our other marks, or misspellings or other variations of our marks. Your website must not copy the distinctive Doppler Labs look and feel, as we do not want anyone to be confused about whether it’s your site or our site.
Buy from an authorized retailer, reseller, or distributor of our products
We take the protection of our brand very seriously. By purchasing your Doppler Labs products from an authorized retailer, reseller, or distributor, you are helping us maintain the authenticity of our brand.
Summary of Obligations and Restrictions
In sum, you may not:
- Use any Doppler Labs trademark to disparage Doppler Labs or its products or services, or in a manner which, in Doppler Labs’s reasonable judgment, may diminish or damage its goodwill in the Mark.
- Display a Doppler Labs trademark in any manner that implies a relationship or affiliation with, sponsorship, or endorsement by Doppler Labs, or that can be reasonably interpreted to suggest editorial content has been authored by, or represents the views or opinions of Doppler Labs or Doppler Labs personnel.
- Display a Doppler Labs trademark in a manner that is misleading, unfair, defamatory, infringing, libelous, disparaging, obscene or otherwise objectionable to Doppler Labs.
- Display a Doppler Labs trademark on a site that violates any law or regulation.
- Take any action which might lead a third party to think any Doppler Labs trademark is owned by you.
- Display a Doppler Labs trademark as the most prominent element on a web page or any other materials.
- Incorporate Doppler Labs trademarks into your own product name, service names, trademarks, logos, or company names.
- Copy or imitate Doppler Labs' trade dress, including the look and feel of Doppler Labs web properties or distinctive color combinations, typography, graphic designs, product icons, or imagery associated with Doppler Labs.
- Adopt marks, logos, slogans, or designs that are confusingly similar to any Doppler Labs trademark.
- Use any Doppler Labs trademark in a way that suggests a common, descriptive, or generic meaning.
- Use the registration symbol (®) in countries where the mark has not been registered.
You agree to cease all such uses upon written notification by Doppler Labs, and you will notify us immediately of any improper, infringing, confusing, or unauthorized use of any Doppler Labs trademark or which you become aware.
You agree that all goodwill accruing from your use of any Doppler Labs trademark shall inure solely to Doppler Labs’ benefit.
If you have any questions about the proper use of any Doppler Labs trademark, please email us at [email protected]