Can you play music through speakers while using headphones? Let’s find out the answer via the following article. We will provide you with some useful methods.
Do you want to listen to music through both headphones and speakers? You’re at the right place! The following article, we will provide you with a solution that allows you to listen to music through two separate devices.
Let’s find the answer for using headset and speakers at the same time.
It’s possible to play music speakers while you use headphones?
You can completely play music through multiple devices at the same time. This is not complicated, you must know what the lower is doing. The methods below will be helpful if you are using a PC or MAC.
How to play audio on both headphones and speakers at the same time on PC
For PC, there are three ways you can easily output sound to speakers and headphone at the same time:
- Make some adjustments to the control panel
- Download third-party audio mixing software
- Use an audio splitter or Bluetooth adapter
How To Output One Audio Source to Two Devices on Windows
1. Make some adjustments to the control panel
- Step 1: Start by connecting your PC to your headphones and speakers.
- Step 2: Right-click the speaker volume icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen. Then click “Sound” to open the Sound settings.
- Step 3: Select the Playback tab and right-click on Speakers. In the list that appears, select “Set as Default Device”. Let’s make sure this option becomes grey out.
- Step 4: Navigate to the “Recording” tab and right-click on “Stereo Mix”. Then you need to click on “Properties”.
- Step 5: Navigate to the Listening tab. Click on “Listen to this device”.
- Step 6: Under “Playback through this device”, find and select your device.
- Step 7: Click on “Apply”
- Simple and quick
- Play audio on 2 devices at one turn
- Allows to use multiple audio jacks
- There is a certain delay between devices
2. Download third-party audio mixing software
When you make some adjustments to the control panel, you will face some disadvantages.
In particular, you will likely experience a certain delay between the speaker and the headset. The sound quality that you get is also reduced a bit.
If you care more about sound quality, you should download third-party audio mixing software.
By using audio mixing software, you can adjust the audio properties to get the best results. In addition, it also lists the different audio devices that you are using to connect to your PC. As a result, you can more easily manage your devices.
Currently, there are many audio mixing software available for you to choose from. Here are a few typical examples.
- CheVolume: CheVolume is the perfect choice for windows 7 or windows 8. However, it is a paid software. To use it, you have to make a one-time payment of $9.99.
You have to make a one-time payment of $9.99 to use CheVolume
- Voicemeeter: Voicemeeter is a free audio mixing software. By using this software, you can play audio through many different devices at the same time.
- Audio Router: If you are looking for free audio mixing software, Audio Router is a great choice. Unfortunately, it seems that the developer is no longer updating this software. However, it still works well on PC.
- No delay between devices
- Easy to install and use
- Provides high-quality sound
- Some software may require you to pay to use
3. Use an audio splitter or Bluetooth adapter
With an audio splitter, you can plug headphones into one port and plug speakers into another.
As a result, you can play sound on both headphones and speakers at the same time. Many splitters have even more ports.
Thanks to that, you can also connect more devices. Some splitters also allow you to plug in a microphone.
With an audio splitter, you can plug headphones into one port and plug speakers into another
It is wise to buy a high-quality audio splitter. With a cheap splitter, you will just get an awfully bad sound.
In case you are using Bluetooth headphones and speakers, it is best to use a Bluetooth adapter. This device has the same function as an audio splitter.
All you need to do is connect the Bluetooth adapter to your PC’s USB port. Then let’s connect the devices to the adapter.
- Simple to use
- You can play audio through more than two audio devices
- No delay between devices
- You have to spend money
- Only works when connected to a PC
How to play audio on both headphones and speakers at the lower-left Multi-Output same time on MAC
Compared to PCs, playing audio on many devices at the same time on MAC is much simpler.
- Make some adjustments to your MAC
- Use an audio splitter
How to play audio on both speakers and headphones at the same time on MAC
1. Make some adjustments to your MAC
This is the best way to play audio on both speakers and headphones at the same time on MAC. Whether you are using two wired devices or two wireless devices, this method is available.
- Step 1: Start by connecting your MAC, headphones, and speakers together.
- Step 2: Navigate to “Finder, click on “Apps”.
- Step 3: Go to “Utilities”, click on “Audio MIDI Setup”
- Step 4: Left click on the “+” button in the lower-left corner. Then click on “Create Multi-Output Device”.
- Step 5: At the left panel, go to “Multi-Output Devices”. Then, click on “Use This Device for Sound Output”.
- Step 6: In the right panel, click on the device you want to use. In case your device is a wired device, you need to select Built-in Output.
- Step 7: At “Master Device”, select the main device in the drop-down menu.
- Step 8: Select the Drift connection for the slave device.
- Step 9: Go to “Preferences” to open the “Sound” pane
- Step 10: Click on” Multi-Output Device” at the “Output” tab
- Simple and quick
- Available with both wired and wireless devices
- Sometimes you will have problems with the volume control
2. Use an audio splitter
If you only want to play music through 2 devices, you should be fine with the above. However, if you want more than that, it is time to consider an audio splitter (or Bluetooth adapter)
- Plug-and-play design
- No audio delay
- You have to spend money
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I play audio on both speakers and headphones at the same time on Smart TV?
Yes, you can. For most TVs, their speakers will automatically mute when you connect any device to its audio output port.
You can play audio with speakers & headphones in one turn. However, this is not available with every TV.
To play sound through headphones and TV speakers at the same time, you must make sure your TV has multiple audio outputs.
2. Can I do the same with my smartphone?
The short answer is yes. However, there is no app or setting available that allows you to do that. The only way you can do that is to use an audio splitter.
3. Why is the speaker still on when I plug my headset into my PC?
The cause may be that you set the speaker as the default audio device. To resolve this issue, you need to reset your default output device.
Hopefully, this article contains useful information for you. With the above methods, you can enjoy songs through your favorite headphones. Meanwhile, you can still share the song with those around you through the speaker. It is a win-win solution for everyone, right?