Losing AirPods is quite common among Apple users because of their small design. So how to find your AirPods if you accidentally lost them somewhere?
Apple has introduced the “Find My” app to help you solve the problem. This app is simple to run and can assist you in locating your missing gadgets with ease.
Three cases may happen. We will discuss the solution for each case, using the assistance of “Find My.” Let’s dive into this article to get it clear!
How To Find Your AirPods?
“Find My” is an application and a tool that allows you to find lost objects. It’s part of the more excellent Apple iCloud network. Your AirPods, Apple Watch, iPod Touch, iPad, Mac, and AirTag may all use the service.
If you lose something, the app offers numerous options for finding it. If you suspect you’ve misplaced your AirPods, they can produce a distinctive sound that travels across rooms to assist you in locating them.
This app only interacts with Apple devices. If you forget a set of third-party earbuds, you’ll have to look for them with other methods.
Adding the app to your earbuds is a straightforward process. The specifics differ for every Apple device, but the approach is generally direct.
Please follow these steps:
- Access the Settings app on your device.
- Choose “Find My” after tapping on your name.
- Turn on the app after activating it.
- Enable the “Find My” networking if you want to find objects even while they’re not online.
- Enable “Send Last Location” to have lost gadgets transmit their position to Apple before the batteries expire.
- Access “Settings” -> “Privacy”> “Location Services” and switch them on to discover missing objects on a map.
The powerful app can help you locate your gadgets
The process above is common for every device and case. However, you may get stuck in a specific situation, so you need more detailed instructions. Then, keep scrolling down for more information.
Case 1: They’re in the case, charged, within Bluetooth range
You can’t use your pods’ speakers to play some music and follow your ears because they’re in the shell.
On the other hand, you can check their most recent online location on the map. That should be the last location you took them out of the case, and it may be where you lost them.
You can also apply this method to AirPods that have died. When they were active, it would reveal their latest online location.
Here is how to find your pods in this case:
- Launch the “Find My” app. If you use iOS 14 or newer versions, you may not find it easily in the app library or on the home screen.
- You can utilize the search function to locate the app.
- Make sure that you are on the “Devices” section.
- Choose your pods in the connected device list.
- Tap on your device name to check its last location on the map.
- Click on “Directions” if you want the map to show how to access that location.
- Follow the directions, and hopefully, your pods are still there.
Your earbuds are still in their case
Case 2: You’ve lost earbuds, charged, within Bluetooth range
If your AirPods are still active and you accidentally drop them out of their case, you may utilize the “Play Sound” option to let them broadcast their distress signal.
This method is most beneficial when you’ve forgotten them at home, but it may also be handy in a public setting such as a grocery shop or library.
Let’s follow the steps below to find your pods:
- Access the “Find My” app.
- Tap on the “Play Sound” option. This step can only work if your earbuds are within the Bluetooth range and not in their case.
- You now can choose to play the audio from the right, left, or both earbuds.
- Tap on the “Stop” button when you’ve found your pods and need to stop the annoying sounds.
You just lose the buds
Case 3: You’ve lost just one earbud
It’s reasonable if you lose only one AirPod. You could pull one out to be able to hear something in the surrounding, Then, you put it in your pocket, and it slips out. You need to follow the same processes as before to locate the one.
- Launch the “Find My” app on your phone.
- Select “Devices.”
- When you check the map of your AirPods, it will show the position of one AirPod.
- If necessary, draw a path to your destination. It won’t let you play any sound if one of your AirPods is missing.
- Place the AirPod in the case after you’ve found it.
How to look for the one missing bud?
We have shared with you how to find your pods using the “Find My” application. To make things easier, remember to install the app in your pods. Even if you lose them, you can use the app to locate them.
Another thing to bear in mind is to make sure you have charged your earbuds. Once they are active, you will find them easier.
Hopefully, you will find this article helpful. If you need any further information, please feel free to ask. Thank you for reading!