Are you looking for some ways to share your favorite music with your friends? How to connect two AirPods to the same iPhone, iPad, or Mac?
Thanks to the Audio Sharing function installed in iOS 13, you can accomplish the task quickly. As long as your devices are compatible, pairing is just in a moment!
This article will give you step-by-step instructions for connecting your earbuds to the same device. Join us to find out right here!
When To Connect Two AirPods To The Same Device?
The AirPods feature two buds. So, why do you still want to connect two AirPods to the same device? There are three common reasons for this purpose:
You want to share a good soundtrack on your phone with your friends. Then, connecting his earbuds to your device is the simplest way to let him enjoy your music.
Some people don’t like to share their earbuds because of hygienic reasons. This reason is quite common after the social distancing.
As a result, pairing your headset with your friend’s gadget allows both to listen to the same track or watch the same movie.
The number of users
It’s OK to give your friend an earbud. However, what if there is more than one person you want to share?
In this case, you need a pair of Airpods so that three or four of you can enjoy the same piece of music.
Gadgets That Are Compatible With AirPods
AirPods utilize Bluetooth technology to pair with your devices. The compatible devices include wearables, tablets, laptops, and smart TVs.
The feature also enables you to share audio with other AirPods and headphones. However, to sync them correctly, your gadgets should be accessible and use the most current software.
The accessible models are:
- iPhone 8 or newer
- iPad Pro ver 12.9 inches (2nd gen or newer)
- iPad Pro ver 11 inches
- iPad Air (3rd gen)
- iPad mini (5th gen)
- iPad 5th gen or newer
- iPod Touch (7th gen)
- Apple TV
Check to see if your devices are compatible
How To Connect Two Airpods To The Same Device?
iPhone, iPad, and Mac may be compatible with the AirPods. You need to check the manual for detailed information.
The instructions differ from model to model. Please check the steps carefully to make sure you don’t miss anything.
You can easily pair your earbuds with an iPhone once you’ve double-checked their compatibility. The easy steps are as follows:
- Connect your smartphone to the first set of earbuds.
- Leave your earbuds inside its case and remove them near the phone if this is your first time making them work.
- Follow the on-screen directions.
- Swipe away from the top right-hand corner of your smartphone’s Home Screen to access the “Control Center.” Then select AirPlay -> “Share Audio” from the menu.
- Move to the second pair of earbuds.
- Lift the case’s cover while holding it near your phone.
- Simply hold the earbuds close to the smartphone if you have them.
- When you see the new pair of earbuds on the screen, choose “Share Audio.”
Your phone can work with two earbud sets at the same time
Linking two AirPods to the same iPad uses the same method of connecting to the iPhone.
The instructions are as follows:
You can rapidly link your wireless headphones with an iPad once you’ve double-checked their compatibility. Here’s how to do it:
- Connect the iPad to the first set of earbuds.
- Keep the earbuds inside their case and unlock them near your device for the first setting.
- Execute the on-screen directions.
- Swipe down from the upper right corner of the iPad’s Home Screen to access “Control Center.”
- Select AirPlay -> “Share Audio” from the AirPlay menu.
- Put the shell near the iPad and open the cover to attach the second set of Airpods.
- Select “Share Audio” when the second earbuds appear on the screen.
The iPad is trying to sync
When you’re done sharing, just touch either earbud pair to deactivate them. Here is how:
- Swipe down from the upper right section of the Home Screen to access the “Control Center.”
- To disable connecting with a set of headphones, touch the AirPlay symbol and the checkbox next to them.
You can effortlessly choose to play, stop, or pause on your device’s Lock Screen or in the “Control Center.”
If you and your partner disagree on the headset volume, you may adjust the level for each set of earbuds independently using the volume slider.
Alternatively, each of you can use their headphone settings to adjust it as they see fit.
Pairing two different AirPods to the same Mac is more complicated than the other two. Please follow these steps:
- Connect your Mac to both pairs of Airpods.
- Select “System Preferences” -> “Sound” -> “Output” from the drop-down menu.
- Adjust the volume of each earbud set’s output. When you choose mixed listening, you won’t be able to adjust the level separately.
- Start “Finder” and choose “Applications.”
- Access Audio MIDI Configuration by searching for it.
- Choose to add a multi-output device from the “+” sign in the lower-left corner of the display.
- Select both pairs of earbuds, as well as any other audio-associated gadgets, to the Mac.
- You can change the output device name to avoid confusion by selecting the multi-output device feature.
- Select the newly established device that you have just made from the volume menu or the “System Preferences.”
The process requires more steps
- How to use two headphones on PC or MAC?
- Can You Connect Bluetooth Headphones To Nintendo Switch?
- How To Connect Headphones To Digital Piano/Keyboards
Your music listening is much more fun if you can share it with your friends. Fortunately, AirPods allow you to do so.
The connection process differs depending on whether you want to pair your earbuds with your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Follow the instructions described, and there you go.
Hopefully, you will find this article helpful. We hope to receive more of your practical experience. Thank you for your interest in the article!