Oculus Quest 2 is very popular in many countries. It is the successor of Oculus Quest 1, so it has been improved many times.
This product includes an eye-catching, luxurious design, diverse features, and a robust, compact design. So, it has attracted many technology enthusiasts.
The most outstanding advantage of this game is that it does not need cumbersome wires because it works independently. It means you won’t need to connect to your computer or phone when downloading or playing games.
So, how to cast Oculus Quest 2 to TV? It is a question from many users. Today, we will share with you the straightforward way to follow.
Why Should I Cast Oculus Quest 2 To A TV?
Why should you cast it
It will be exciting and wonderful when your friends and family can observe the experiences in your closed virtual reality headset even though it is not true 3D.
Your fun will be doubled when people become your audience, and they will also feel happier watching you play.
When people are outside, they will cheer for you enthusiastically. Your spirit is more exciting and stimulated to play the game more decisively and interestingly.
It is a way to help you reduce stress after a tiring work period, making your family happier.
How To Cast Oculus Quest 2 To TV?
Step by step guide to follow
In the section below, we help you do this with the four essential steps as follows.
Prepare Chromecast-enabled TV
If your TV doesn’t have one, you’ll need external devices. These devices are relatively low-cost. For example, the basic Chromecast costs only about 50 USD.
We want to keep in mind that both must be on the same WiFi network.
Open the app
Due to the increasingly strong development of Oculus, it has formed its application. It can quickly help manage settings for various self-contained virtual reality headsets.
Step 1: If you give the app, download it right on your phone. Its icon is a black circle on a white background. Feel free to download it because it’s free for all users. If you already have the app, skip stepping 2.
Step 2: After the installation is complete, open the application and register your account. You can sign up with your Facebook account or account. Check again that this is the latest update when you have loaded it long before.
Step 3: Look for a rectangle (like a TV) with a signal in the app in the upper right corner (make sure you’re in the main menu options like Home or Settings).
It will automatically connect to your headset when tapping the icon we talked about above and appear in the “Transfer from” section.
Cast to your TV
Although Oculus recognizes the respective devices quite well, you should still read this carefully to stream to the correct device. If your transmitter or TV doesn’t appear, tap the search button to find it.
- Step 1: You need to choose the right headset in the “Transfer from” section. The application is brilliant as it can automatically select a headset (already or available).
If you have multiple devices and want to be sure that the specific Quest is selected with the text “Connected,”.
- Step 2: Quest 2 compatible devices will appear in the “Cast To” section. Then select, and it will automatically connect.
Confirm the cast prompt
Make sure you want to transfer the headset. After completing the above steps, the app will re-authenticate for Quest 2 users.
You will see a message saying, “Allow headset transfer?” . Please select “Allow” to start playing.
Besides connecting using the app, we also have ways that can transmit from the Oculus Quest 2:
- Step 1: Turn on your TV or connected device and turn on Quest 2.
- Step 2: Select the button (white circle) on the suitable controller, continue to find Menu and Home below the application window.
- Step 3: Select the “Share” button in the bottom right corner.
- Step 4: After you select the “Share” button, it will show “Cast” for you to choose to enter.
- Step 5: Find your TV or another casting device in the “Cast from this headset” window.
- Step 6: Click Next. You will then receive a message to confirm that the transfer has begun. It will display the feed from your Quest 2.
- How To Charge Oculus Quest 2 Controllers?
- 10 Best Headphones For Oculus Quest 2: Great Performance & 3D Sound
- How To Reduce Ear Pain From Headphones
If you own an Oculus Quest 2 and want to cast it to a TV or other media device, follow these steps. Hopefully, this article is helpful to you.
Please share this article with everyone for reference if you find this helpful article! Last but not least, you can leave a comment in this post; we are happy to answer all of your questions.
Thank you for reading!