Earbud tips play a vital role in your earphones, which make choosing the best replacement earbud tips for your headphones extremely important to your listening experience. In this article, we will provide you with comprehensive reviews of the best replacement earbud tips of 2022, as well as various info regarding how to choose the best ear tips for yourself. Let’s dive in.
Best replacement earbud tips of 2022- Comprehensive review
1. FIXED Star 4330151887 – Best value
For those with a budget concern but still love the perks of quality earbud tips, the FIXED Star’s medium silicone earbud tips replacement set has to be their go-to.
Value-wise, this set is arguably the best bang for your bucks. The FIXED Star set comes with a whopping 20 pieces (ten black, ten clear) of high-quality silicone replacement caps for a remarkably competitive price. That is the highest number of pieces you can get in any set currently available.
Not just that, in addition to the low price, the aftersales of these products are PREMIUM. These replacement ear tips pack a 30-day money-back policy and a 180-day warranty for all of the pieces to guarantee you the best value possible for your spent money.
On the other hand, the low price does come with trade-offs. All of the tips in the FIXED Star set is of medium size – not favorable for everyone, thus causing certain wearing discomforts. They are also relatively flimsy and can not cancel too much of the noise from your ambient environment.
- Package Included: 10 × pairs of medium earphone tips(5 pairs of black, 5 pairs of clear). 2 pcs "Fixed Star"transparent earbud case.
- Earbuds cap material:earpads are made of soft silicone material. reusable and durable, elastic, soft to touch and comfortable for your ears.
- Very reasonable price
- Premium aftersales: 30-day money-back policy and a 180-day warranty
- Comes in 20 pieces
- The buds can be relatively thin
- Only available in medium size (12mm diameter)
2. Teemade TM-SE1019 – Best for Samsung earphones
With these products, truth be told, your search for the best replacement earbud tips for Samsung headphones will be finally over. This set of substitute earphone tips will take your listening experience with your Samsung earbuds to a whole new level.
These ear gels, first of all, can fix the comfortability problem often associated with Samsung headsets. The high-quality soft silicone gels provide a soft cushioning layer to the previously stiff earpieces, which entitle users to a much longer listening time without ear pains or irritation.
What else makes these perfect for Samsung earpieces? Their high compatibility with a wide variety of Samsung models. These can act as spare earbud tips for Samsung Galaxy Note 5/Note 7/S7/S6/S6 Edge Earbuds. So, you can now save yourself from the hassle of meticulous research for the ones that fit your Samsung earphones.
These are not without problems, unfortunately. The buds are specially designed by Teemade, which is actually great, but that makes the price somewhat exorbitant. As a side note, the gels are great with Samsung products, but can not pair with many other brands’ earphones.
- High quality soft comfortable silicone, durable, flexible, removable and replaceable and washable
- Wearing the earbuds with comfortable feeling for a long time with this soft silicone earbuds covers
- Matches with various Samsung headphones
- High-quality soft silicone material for extra wearing comfort
- Durable & flexible
- Fairly high price
- Not compatible with other earphones
3. Mekoko B01LW2UNZQ– Best for sound quality
A Beats by Dre fanatic for their flawless sound quality, are you not? Well, if you are, then these earbud tips read perfection.
These substitute tips are specifically designed to be the best earbud tips for beat wireless/wired in-ear headphones. They boast various features that can accentuate the devices’ already stellar audio quality.
First off, the audio enhancement effect of these earbud tips comes from their material. The premium-grade silicon used to make the tips offers a just-right amount of rebound pressure to create a grip level that is perfect for the best quality of sound from the beats.
Second comes the noise isolation feature. The ear tips offer excellent noise-isolation that filters out unwanted ambient noise. The clear sound and high-intensity listening experience, as a result, will indeed move any music-loving soul.
Audio-ideal as these are, the ear tips still have certain shortcomings of their own. The first is compatibility. As they are specifically designed for Beats models, these buds would not fit quite well with other earphones. They also seem to fall short on grip, as some users have reported inevitable slippage during rigorous activities.
- Soft silicone material provide more noise isolation, in-ear stability and a lasting comfort
- Water-washable, durable, flexible, antistatic, removable and replaceable
- Ideal for beats earphones
- High-grade silicone
- Noise isolation feature for high-intensity listening
- Not quite good on grip
- Only fit specific models of Beats earphones
4. ALXCD B01H8MIFQI– Best for Apple earphones
The ALXCD ear pads are specifically designed to fit Apple’s earpods and their Bluetooth earpieces – Airpod 1, Airpod 2. They serve to overcome some notorious weaknesses of such headphones and to accentuate their quality to a whole new level.
To start with, they offer a great level of hold. The anti-slip ear hooks will prevent the buds from falling from your ears – a common problem with their on-ear design. This is, without a doubt, a feature that has long been craved for by Apple fans – saving them the need to purchase a whole new set of earbuds when one gets dropped.
What’s more, these ear pads also offer airpod users an excellent comfort that’s been lacking due to the earpieces’ plastic and metal structure. The tips are made with high-quality silicone and crafted to represent a cushion that will caress customers’ ears for the comfy feelings they deserve.
This set of ear gels, however, is not flawless. They only fit Apple’s earphones and also, as anything Apple-related, cost quite a bit more than other pads out there.
- Perfect for Apple’s earpods, Airpod 1 & 2
- Anti-slip hook design
- Cushioning silicon material
- Only fit Apple products
- A little pricier than other ear gel sets
5. Earbudz B07T1FHFDN – Black – Most versatile
Afraid that the replacement tips you order might not fit with your earbuds? It’s actually a much more common problem than you think. But worry not, the Earbudz set is here to solve the issue, as this earbud replacement tip set is arguably the most versatile one available on the market.
Indeed. While others are designed to fit only Apple’s AirPods or only buds from Samsung, these ear tips can do so much more. They are Compatible with the Powerbeats2 & Powerbeats3, headphones from iFrogz, Enacfire, Samsung, Monster, Sony, LG (some models), Sharp, Panasonic, Phillips, SoundPEATS, Mpow & many other earphone manufacturers.
With such versatility, the 10 pairs of silicone earbuds in this set will not only act as the perfect replacement pads for your current earphones, but also for the others that you may purchase in the future. Simply purchase these quality buds and escape the need to accommodate your earbud tips each time you get new headphones.
- 10 Pairs of Medium Black Silicone Replacement Earbud Tips (20 pieces)
- Compatible with Powerbeats2, Powerbeats3, LG (not all models), Samsung, iFrogz, Enacfire, Monster, Sony, Sharp, Panasonic, Phillips, SoundPEATS, Mpow (most models) & many more brands.
- Extremely versatile tips that fit various earphones
- A set comes with 10 pairs for additional value
- Made of soft & flexible silicone
- Only available in black
6. Bluecell FBA_EP-SONY-CL-Sx20 – Best for those with small ear canals
People with smaller ear canals than others tend to have their earbuds falling out of their ears or suffer from irritation or pains if they wear them for extended periods. Luckily for them, this Bluecell replacement ear pads will be an easy yet fancy solution.
With the outer diameter of under 10mm, the pads will fit nicely and tightly onto the user’s ears without tearing or pulling on the area. The resulting pleasure, for that reason, will absolutely be transcending compared to other bulkier ear tips.
Won’t the tiny size affect their compatibility with different headphone models? Fortunately, it does not. The pieces’ compatibility is not compromised for the extra small size, as their posts are very stretchy yet do not affect the part that goes into your canal.
There is a drawback to this product, though. The Bluecell replacement earbud set for Audio-Technica is perfect for people with small ear holes, but that, however, robs it of the ability to fit others of different anatomies.
- 【Package included】: 10 pairs (20pcs) of clear silicone replacement earbuds tips
- 【Size】 : 10 mm (external), internal size fits earbuds with diameter from 3.8mm - 5mm
- Excellent for people with small ears/ ear canals
- Comfortable & flexible silicone
- Very stretchy post for great compatibility despite the small size
- Only available in small (rather extra small) size of around 10mm in diameter
7. 12 Link Dream B07RZS7KWG – Best for comfort
Finding earbuds that can liberate you from the pains often associated with wearing an earphone set? Look no further than this set of replacement pads! These substitute earbuds will sure bring you the best wearing feel among all of the products out there.
How, specifically? To begin with is the products’ ENHANCED COMFORT technology. The ear tips are crafted with 30x softer Super-Soft Memory Foam. The proprietary viscoelastic memory foam offers a superior softness that will save you from any potential irritations or pains even for extended periods of time.
It does not stop at that. The body-heat activated memory foam of these pieces will sense your body temperature and immediately accommodate to provide a perfect seal-on to your ear. Feel free to run, exercise or perform other physical activities in these buds while enjoying exceptional comforts.
Drawbacks, however, also do not spare this set. For such advanced features, you will be spending quite some extra money. But the desirable features can also be problems themselves, as the memory foam is reported to slightly change the tone and definition of the foam that may not suit anyone’s taste.
- ✔ COMPATIBILITY - Fits Sony, Bose, LG HBS-1100, Etymotic Research, Westone, Klipsch, Shure, AKG, B&O Play, Beats, Denon, Jabra, Jaybird, LG, MEE Audio, Philips, RHA, Samsung, Sennheiser, Skullcandy and more. Multiple core sizes allow you to find the perfect fit for your earphones.
- ✔ ANTI-DUST & DURABLE: Upgraded premium replacement earbuds keep earwax, debris, and sweat out of the earphone’s nozzle to protect your earphones and keeping the sound path open. Long lasting, slow rebound, not easy to break.
- 30x softer Super-Soft Memory Foam for ENHANCED COMFORT
- Advanced Body-heat activated memory foam for a perfect fit
- Relatively expensive
- Alter the sound features of the earphone
8. OneCut B07WGY9RM4 (White) – Most stable for earpods
If your top priority is to prevent your Apple earpods/ AirPods from falling off your ears, then this set of Ear Tip from OneCut will be a hands-down nominatee.
Veritably so. This version of the OneCut ear gels is specially designed for an enhanced grip. The ear hook is crafted to hold on perfectly to users’ inner-ear area to prevent them from falling. This has been proven to be of extreme efficiency, even during rigorous activities such as running or other sports.
In addition to the upgraded ear hook, the material of these buds also contribute to their stability on users’ ears. They are made of premium medical-grade silicone that will resist sweat or water for extra anti-slip property. If you are a little bit sweaty, or if you have to work in environments where water drops are frequent, these buds will still ensure your earphones are still in their place.
On a side note, however, you should be aware of its detriments before buying. The ear hooks, while being extra grippy, can come off as quite uncomfy to some with sensitive ears. Additionally, the price can be quite off-putting, as are other Apple products.
- Upgraded ear hooks for excellent grip
- Anti-slip medical-grade silicone
- Relatively expensive cost
- Ear hooks can cause pain or irritation to sensitive ears
9. eBoot B06XGDBZFR – Most well-balanced
The eBoot Replacement Earbuds earns its title as the most balanced replacement ear tips by offering you a little bit of everything.
To be specific, the set comes in 4 different sizes: small, medium, large and double flange to meet varying ear sizes. It also includes two different colors – 4 pairs of clear and 4 pairs of black buds, giving you the option to customize your current headphones at will.
Is that all? Of course not. eBoot ear tips also boasts a sound-isolating design to reduce ambient noise for your best listening experience. Add to that the excellent wearing comfort, elasticity, and durability offered by the buds’ silicon material, and you will find this product to be well worthy of its title.
However, as with any other thing, balance comes at the cost of non-specialty. That is to say, these buds are nice and well-rounded in all aspects, but maybe not league-leading in any of them.
- 4 SIZES SILICONE EARPADS: small (10 mm), medium (12 mm), large (14 mm) and double flange, each size for 2 pairs (black and clear), can meet your different needs
- MADE OF SILICONE: these replacement earbuds are made of silicone material, with elasticity, strong and durable, soft to touch and comfortable for your ears
- Available in 4 SIZES
- Silicone material for great elasticity and wearing comfort
- sound-isolating design for a high-intensity listening experience
- Available in clear and black for customization preferences
- Do not particularly stand out
10. Earbudz B07R9XR5C6 (8 Pairs – 16 Pieces) – Best for multi-size
If you are baffled by which size of earbud tips to get, consider getting this extremely size-variable set.
For those having size problems, say, their ears are a little bit asymmetrical or are still trying to work out which size fits them the best, this multi-size set is absolutely a day-saver. The set comes with eight pairs of 4 different sizes, which will free users from the worry about which size to choose once and for all.
That’s nothing but the truth. If other sets often come in only one fixed size for all the pieces, these earbud tips offer you with every size available: small, medium, large, and double flange. You can leisurely try on each of the measurements and decide for yourself which one is the most suitable for your ears.
However, these products have their own unwanted sides. If they stay in your ears for hours, they can bring about quite a sense of discomfort.
- 8 Pairs of Black and Clear Ear bud Replacement Tips in Both Black and Clear in Size Small, Medium, Large and Double Flange fits any 4.0mm - 4.5mm Earbud Post Connection
- Compatible with Powerbeats2, Powerbeats3, LG (not all models), iFrogz, Enacfire, Monster, Sony, Sharp, Panasonic, Phillips, SoundPEATS, JBL
- Comes with 8 pairs of four different sizes: small, medium, large, double flange
- Available in black and clear colour
- Competitive price
- Can cause discomfort if worn for a long time
Samsung Galaxy Buds Review: An Amazing Choice for Android Users
1. Types of Ear Tips
Ear tips do come in various types with unique characteristics. Keeping in mind the knowledge of the types is very helpful when you want to get some new pairs for your headphones.
Rubber Ear Tips
Earbud tips made from rubber are usually the most durable buds but also the least comfy to wear due to their stiffness. They can even trigger allergy/ irritation reaction for those with sensitive ears, so they are seldom used or recommended now as compared to the past
Silicone Ear Tips
Silicone ear tips are currently very popular due to the favorable features they offer.
First of all, these buds are chemically inert and cleanable, so they are a more sanitary option that will not cause infections or irritations to your ear.
What’s more, silicone buds have a variety of options including triple-flange ear tips, double, or single, which means you can get better fitment and sound-isolation for a better listening experience.
However, some users have reported silicone ear tips can be quite uncomfortable if worn for an extended period. The sweat (especially when you are exercising) can cause the tips’ surfaces to be slippery and tend to slip out of the ẻars
Foam Ear Tips
If you prioritize comfort, then foam ear tips can be the perfect product. These tips are regarded as the most comfortable selection due to the foam’s ability to reshape to accommodate different ear canals. It will create a perfect seal to your ear with excellent wearing comfiness.
Additionally, due to such great seal, these earbud tips also provide exceptional ambient noise isolation. However, due to their funnel structure, they can cause a “funneling” effect that reportedly alters the audio to some extent.
Comfort and Fit
When buying new ear tips, comfort and fitment are the duo that you should aim for. However, it is usually not easy to achieve, if not close to impossible for some.
Why? People all have different anatomies, so their ear canals (the parts to which the buds will hold on) are also unique. They vary in curvature, in the cylinder’s shape of the cylinder, or can even be asymmetrical between two ears.
For that very reason, you have to look into the design and size of the buds you are planning on to achieve the best fit & comfort for your ears. Choose between different sizes (small, medium, large/ extra large) options and the depth that they may go into your ear to ensure the best listening experience.
Durability is also something to look into when buying earbud tips. The models do differ in their ability to be used for a certain period of time.
To be specific, silicone ear tips are the most flexible and durable. They can go for years and go through quite some external impacts (without being dropped or lost, evidently).
Meanwhile, foam tips typically wear out quite quickly over time (after weeks or more impressively months of use) and tend to be contaminated with earwax and dirt in use. For that reason, you should consider foam tips as consumables and factor it in when making your purchasing decision.
1. How do I correctly put on ear tips?
For silicone ear tips, things are just as easy as directly pushing them into your ears. However, if you want more ease, it helps moisten the ear tips before you get them in.
With foam ear tips, you can insert the way you would with earplugs for maximum seal and noise-isolation effect. The steps demonstrated by the Center for Disease Control can help you achieve proper insertion.
2. How to clean earbud tips?
With silicone products, the process is straightforward. You start by removing the tips from your earbuds, then wipe the accumulated dust and oil off from the surface with a dry cloth/ Q-tips. Add to that a rinse with warm water or some sprayings of cleaning products, and you are good to go.
But with foam tips, water may be the only option. Never use cleaning products for foam earbud tips as they will disintegrate the foam shell.
3. How loud and how long should you use your headphones?
For your health and hearing ability, you should be aware of the amount of time and the loudness you should be listening at. Experts recommend a sound level of between 60 to 85 decibels to avoid ear/hearing damage. If you prefer to go loud of around 1000 decibels, then be sure to keep your listening time under 15 mins to protect your own health
4. Do Foam Ear Tips Affect Sound Quality?
Foam ear tips are commonly believed to slightly impact the audio’s frequency response, and that is not a total myth. As they provide a perfect seal against your ears, it increases bass response but often at the same time decreases treble response during playback.
However, it is not too big a problem. Inner Fidelty has conducted measurements that show memory foam tips’ effect on perceived sound is very minimal and can hardly impact your listening experience.
Choosing the perfect earbud tips for yourself can be quite a conundrum. As people differ quite greatly in personal preferences and anatomies, there can be no one-size-fits-all solution.
However, we can help to ease your problem. This article with comprehensive reviews of the best products of and the various guides and tips is sure to be of great help in your quest to search for the best replacement earbud tips for your earphones.