Are you having trouble while looking for the best outdoor Bluetooth speakers? With this buying guide/review, we will let you in on some pointers.
The best outdoor Bluetooth speakers can be of great help in many situations. For instance, you can be much safer if you use them instead of headphones while biking. They are also must-haves for parties far from home, as they can easily lift everyone’s mood.
However, these days there are simply too many options available for you to choose from. That is exactly why we prepare this article, hoping to lessen the time and effort you need to spend.
What Are The Best Outdoor Bluetooth Speakers?
Here are the 10 options that we conclude as the best on the market. Each of them has a unique set of advantages.
JBL Charge 3 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker – Best Overall
JBL is arguably one of, if not the most known, names in the world of audio equipment. The main cause for this recognition is its commitment to only produce quality products. A prime example of this dedication is the JBL Charge 3 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker.
The JBL Charge 3 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker is the best all-around.
One of the biggest advantages that this item holds over its competitors is the long battery life. Thanks to the high-quality li-ion battery, this primary speaker can work for a maximum of 20 hours. Furthermore, the battery supports quick charging, so you never have to worry about it running out of power.
The Bluetooth connection is also quite impressive, allowing a high-speed connection. That’s just an add-on, though, as the main draw is its capability to connect wirelessly to 3 devices simultaneously. In the hands of a creative person, this feature can produce some interesting mixes.
There is, however, a small issue that we don’t like that much. Whenever you power up or shut down the speaker, it will play a loud and annoying sound. If not for this issue, we can confidently say that it is the definite answer to “What is the best outdoor bluetooth speakers?”
- Bluetooth - Wirelessly connect up to 3 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing powerful stereo sound.
- Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery supports up to 20 hours of playtime and charges smartphones and tablets via USB.
- Long battery life
- Clear audio
- Impressive connection
- Good speaker grilles design
- Unmatched sound
- High capacity power bank
- Many extra features
- Annoying startup sound
Bose SoundLink Micro Portable Bluetooth Speaker – Best Audio Clarity
We believe that the Bose SoundLink Micro Portable Bluetooth Speaker is the best in the music reproduction aspect. Its sound clarity is simply out of this world.
The Bose SoundLink Micro Portable Bluetooth Speaker has incredible clarity.
Despite having arguably the smallest size out of all the options on this list, this item has the crispiest sound. Any sound coming from it is as clear and loud as imaginable, bringing you a full listening experience. The reason for this capability lies in the passive radiators and also the custom transducer.
Of course, the incredibly small size brings out another huge advantage, portability. As it does not take up any space, you can easily carry it around without having to reorganize your bags constantly. You can also use it as an accessory for the bag due to the tear-resistant strap.
However, it does have some issues that we have noticed. Among them, the most serious is its dependence on the Bose app. If you do not have the app, you cannot connect the speaker to your phone via Bluetooth.
- Crisp, balanced sound and unmatched bass for a Bluetooth speaker its size, plays loud and clear outdoors for beach days or camping trips
- Built-in mic for speakerphone to take clear conference or personal calls out loud with a wireless range of approximately 30 feet.
- Crispy sound
- Very portable
- High volume for its size
- Too dependent on the Bose app
Bose SoundLink Revolve Outdoor Bluetooth Speaker – Best Immersion
When it comes to immersion, the Bose SoundLink Revolve Outdoor Bluetooth Primary Speaker is simply unchallengeable. Thanks to the unique true 360-degree coverage feature, it feels like you are standing in your own theatre.
The Bose SoundLink Revolve Outdoor Bluetooth Speaker is fairly immersive.
You can feel even more immersion if you can get two SoundLink Revolve speakers and pair them together. Due to the Bose SimpleSync tech, these two speakers will be completely in sync. As a result, you can feel the music in even your bones.
If you are worrying about whether or not this frail-looking speaker can take on the outdoor weather, there’s no need. The SoundLink Revolve’s seamless aluminum body can withstand a surprising amount of force. There is also the IPX4 water resistance tech.
The biggest issue that we have against this speaker sterns from its inability to play music while low on power. Even after we have plugged in the charging cable, it still cannot play any music. We had to wait for a while before it started working again.
- Deep, loud and immersive sound, with true 360 degree coverage
- Built-in mic for speakerphone to take clear conference or personal calls out loud with a wireless range of approximately 30 feet.
- Unique 360-degree Sound
- Impressive outdoor sound
- Offering hours of music with one single charge
- Quality audio
- Interesting pairing feature
- Resistant against outdoor weathers
- Incapable of playing music while low in power
Dual Electronics LU43PB High-Performance Outdoor Bluetooth & Wireless Speakers – Best Value
Despite being the most affordable item here, the Dual Electronics LU43PB High-Performance Outdoor Speakers are not sluggish. That is why we decided that it is indeed the option offering the most value for the price.
The Dual Electronics LU43PB High-Performance Outdoor Speakers offer quite a high value.
The 3-way component speakers harmonically synchronize with the 4-inch woofer, providing quite an accurate acoustic dispersion. Consequently, you get the deepest and richest sounding bass possible in this price range. No one can ever forget this kind of bass, as they can feel it in their bones.
This primary speaker is also quite versatile, capable of servitude both indoor and outdoor usage, thanks to the all-weather resistant coating. To be more specific, this coating is a type of resin that is highly resistant to UV. The speaker is also placed within an ABS enclosure.
We want to note that you will spend quite a lot of time and effort to set this item up properly. It is simply too heavy, yet its design requires that you must place it on a wall.
- |DESIGNED TO LIVE INDOORS & OUTDOORS| – your studio quality speakers can be mounted/placed in any open space, by the pool, under your patio, in the garage, on a bookshelf; regardless of placement they will deliver Extraordinary Sound
- |DIGITALLY OPTIMIZED FOR EXPANSIVE DISPERSION & POWERFUL BASS| – the synchronized harmony of your 3-Way Component Speakers & 4-inch Woofer create a state of accurate acoustic dispersion with deep rich sounding bass for a truly full range of sound
- Accurate acoustic dispersion
- Rich bass
- All-weather resistant coating
- Affordable price
- No clip
- Can last many hours between charges
- Efficient speaker grilles
- Largest model
- Relatively heavy
Pyle Outdoor Waterproof Bluetooth Stereo Speaker – Best Independence
Most people who want to set up an outdoor speaker system run into the same problem, the amplifier. A general rule of amplifiers is that size tends to equal performance, but big amplifiers are hard to install.
With the Pyle Outdoor Waterproof Bluetooth Stereo Speaker, that issue is simply irrelevant.
The Pyle Outdoor Waterproof Bluetooth Stereo Speaker does not need external amplifiers.
You guessed it; this speaker has its own integrated amplifier with all the vital features. There is also a simple sound enhancement setup with one passive and one active speaker. All you need to do is connect these components with a standard wire.
You will never have to worry about it breaking due to the weather, too, as it has a rainproof seal. This marine-grade seal wraps around the cable wire connections and the input forts, blocking water from entering. As always, if you can keep the water out, the machinery will be safe.
The biggest issue that we have against this model is the fact that it refuses to connect to Alexa. It seems to have a problem only with this one specific program, as it can connect easily with other software.
- NO AMPLIFIER NEEDED: This outdoor Bluetooth speaker features one active speaker and one passive speaker for a simplified setup. Connect the active speaker to power and the passive speaker using standard speaker wire
- INDOOR OUTDOOR READY: Rainproof seals keep water from damaging input ports and cable wire connection. Stain protection and waterproof speaker grills keep the speaker and stand up to weather in any season
- Integrated amplifier
- Marine-grade waterproofing
- Daisy chain ability
- Strong against water splashes
- Capable of taking phone calls
- Boom speakers
- Not capable of connecting with Alexa
QFX PBX-61081BT SI Silver Portable Bluetooth & Wireless Speakers – Best Portability
For the most part, people look for outdoor speakers as tools they can carry on trips. If this case is also true for you, you will love the QFX PBX-61081BT SI Silver Portable Bluetooth Speaker. It is among the best outdoor Bluetooth speakers portable.
The QFX PBX-61081BT SI Silver Portable Bluetooth Speaker is highly portable.
Despite its huge and cumbersome appearance, this model turns out to be easy to move around. The secret lies in its caster wheels and the retractable handle. All you need to do is activate them, and the speaker transforms into a terrain-climbing cart.
Of course, its humongous size is also not just for show. This wireless speaker houses a high-bass 8-inch woofer alongside a pair of an equalizer and an amplifier. You also get a maximum of 2,600 watts in power, more than enough for high audio quality.
Nonetheless, there still is one major design flaw that we must warn you about. If your friend connects via Bluetooth to this device and forgets to sever the connection, you cannot sync with it.
- THE SPECS - This portable sound system features an 8 inch woofer, amplifier, equalizer, and up to 2,600 watts of power providing clear sound quality - comes with remote control, power cable, and auxiliary cable
- EASY TO TRANSPORT - This big speaker is actually super easy to take on the go with a retractable handle and caster wheels - don't sweat the rough terrain either, at just 12 pounds it's easy to carry
- Wheels and handle making it easy to move around
- High audio quality
- Waterproof design
- High sound appeal
- Fast battery charge speed
- Rechargeable batteries
- Wanky Bluetooth connection
Pyle Outdoor Waterproof Bluetooth & Wireless Speakers – Best Durability
The best outdoor wireless Bluetooth speakers must be able to withstand anything the outside world throws at them. In other words, they must have through-the-roof durability. That is exactly what the Pyle B06XCQY3JZ Outdoor Waterproof Bluetooth & Wireless Speakers offer.
The Pyle Outdoor Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker is amazingly durable.
This speaker’s body is made completely from highly durable plastic, offering full protection for all the frail electric components inside. That’s not all, as it also possesses a full weather-proof coating, negating any damage from water or UV rays.
This perfect speaker has quite a high-frequency response, sometimes nearing the shrill point when the music gets high enough. Nevertheless, it never goes too high that you will feel discomfort when listening. The bass reflex also lets low frequencies out much faster.
However, we hope that the successor of this speaker can improve on the lack of dynamic sound. As things are, you will not feel the more acoustic music, as the bass will simply drown them out. This issue can easily be fixed by a small change in the built-in amplifier.
- 200 WATT POWER: Pyle’s 200 watt dual outdoor wall mount speaker system is what you need to listen to high quality audio in your home, backyard, by the pool or patio outside! Includes (1) active and (1) passive 3.5 inches 3 way indoor outdoor speakers
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY: The weatherproof integrated loud speaker system is equipped w/ Bluetooth wireless music streaming. Works with today’s latest devices including iPhone, Android, smartphone, iPad, tablet, PC, etc w/ hassle free receiver pairing
- Highly durable
- Coating protection against water and sunlight
- High-frequency response
- Balanced sound
- Hours of battery for one single charge
- Waterproof speakers
- Rechargeable batteries
- Weak dynamic
Best Home Stereo System For Your Favorite Music In 2021
Top 10 Best Home Theater Projectors to Bring Cinema Home!
Bose 251 Wall Mount Outdoor Bluetooth Environmental Speakers – Best Bass
Bass has always been the soul of many songs, as it brings out that “oomph” feeling that trebles just can’t do. If you are also a fan of bass, we recommend the Bose 251 Wall Mount Outdoor Bluetooth Environmental Speakers.
The Bose 251 Wall Mount Outdoor Bluetooth Environmental Speakers have excellent bass.
These smart speakers are specifically built for bass, as the 5.2-inch woofer is enclosed in a multi-room chamber. This design choice helps disperse all the low frequencies away, allowing you the highest possible gain for bass. Not many speakers in this price range can accomplish this wonder.
The attention that Bose paid to the fine-tuning details is second to none. Thanks to this commitment, this speaker system has an intricate yet clear mid-high range. In simpler terms, that means the sound they produce is just fantastic.
The only problem that we have against this whack of bass speakers is that it’s not that good for the outdoors. Yes, it does have some protection against water and light, but they aren’t strong. You cannot give it a submersion in water and expect it to survive.
- Take these speakers with you anywhere you want to have great sound quality
- Set them up by the pool, or on the workbench, or anywhere an extra durable speaker is needed
- Incredible bass
- Intricate mid-high range
- Easy to install
- Stereo mode
- Powerful sound
- Hours of battery available
- Lacking weather protection
NUNET Audio Tiki Torch Bluetooth & Wireless Speakers – Best Design
The NUNET Audio Tiki Torch Bluetooth Speaker may not be the best performing, but it sure is the coolest. It also has the most innovative design choice we have ever seen. After all, not many people can think of having a primary speaker masquerading as a torchlight.
The NUNET Audio Tiki Torch Bluetooth Speaker has the best design.
All the LED lights of this speaker combine to make a vividly ambient flame. If you look at it from afar in the dark, there’s a high chance that you will pass it off like a torch, too. The lights all have an IP65 waterproof layer, letting them shrug off most weather damages.
Despite not having the latest Bluetooth 5.0 feature, this speaker does possess the next best thing, Bluetooth 4.2. This protocol is compatible with almost all modern Bluetooth devices and gives off strong signals. As such, you can easily connect to them from a max distance of 300 feet.
We are quite sad that there is no way to control how bright the flame will be, though. It’s a shame, as these speakers can be even more advanced.
- VIVID AMBIENCE: The flame is made with 60 LEDs and safe to use, which can be turned on or off, with or without using the speaker. The matte finish and elegent design with IP65 waterproof makes it perfect to be used in your party, back yard or bedroom for decoration and warming up.
- STEREO SOUND: The speaker has 5W output(For higher output at 10W, consider ASIN: B08V8XPSSZ). You can pair the two speakers. The Speakers will split the Stereo sound for left and right. This means surround sound and Zero audio lag between both speakers. You can use NUNET Bluetooth tansmitter (ASIN: B08VHXXHYX) to play sound from your TV on our flame speakers.
- Innovative design choice
- IP65 waterproof coating
- Strong Bluetooth 4.2 connection
- Good voices
- Hours of battery available
- Lighting effects
- Fast connectivity
- No way to control the flame’s brightness
Dual Electronics LU48BTS Portable Bluetooth & Wireless Speakers – Best Battery Life
We doubt anything comparable to the Dual Electronics LU48BTS Portable Bluetooth Speaker and its 12-hour battery life. Battery life isn’t that important for indoor speakers, as power sources are everywhere, but things are different outside.
The Dual Electronics LU48BTS Portable Bluetooth Speakers have long battery life.
This item also possesses a complete graphic EQ, which allows full customization ability on the sound it produces. This feature, alongside the balanced and neutral audio, means that this product can fit with many unique music styles.
The TruWireless tech also works astoundingly well with the 4.2 Bluetooth protocol. This combination together is almost as fast as the newest Bluetooth 5.0 tech. As long as you are within 100 feet of the speaker, you can instantly connect to it.
Unfortunately, this speaker struggles a little bit while creating the low-bass thumps that bass-heavy songs desperately need. Without those thumps, the immersion suffers greatly whenever you listen to this type of music. That is why we recommend it only for acoustic listeners.
- ,designed to live indoors & outdoors, – your studio quality wireless bluetooth speakers fit perfectly in any open space, outside entertainment area, in the garage, on a bookshelf & more; regardless of placement they will deliver breathtaking sound
- ,truwireless stereo technology & no wires, – provides an immediate connection between your wireless bluetooth speakers via the built-in truwireless stereo technology so you can enjoy an acoustically rich experience without having to worry about wires!
- Almost 13-hour battery life
- Complete graphic EQ
- Combination of TruWireless tech and Bluetooth
- Not that good at creating lower bass sounds
How To Pick The Best Outdoor Bluetooth Speakers
There are quite a lot of outdoor speaker types, each of which has its own pros and cons. For instance, smaller ones are much more portable while larger ones have higher volume. Here are some of the things to decide what are the best outdoor Bluetooth speakers.
The best outdoor Bluetooth speakers portable tend to be those that are lightweight and compact. After all, you need to be able to carry them around easily. That is why we believe that weight and sizes are the two things that you need to look out for the most.
You should also pay some attention to the battery life, as this type of speaker tends to follow you on camping trips. You can hardly find any power source there, so they need to run independently for a while.
Sound Quality After Going Through Bluetooth
There is just no denying that sound quality is among the most paramount parameters. Even if a speaker does not have any additional features, it can still be the best as long as it produces top-notch sounds.
We know that not everyone likes intense bass, but good speakers need to accurately recreate lower frequencies. You must keep in mind that clarity will always beat out sheer power, and clarity is easily influenced by connection.
Back in the days, Bluetooth was far lagging behind Wi-Fi as far as wireless audio connection goes. The main reason was the limitations of audio compression tech and bandwidth.
Things have changed, however, with the debut of the Bluetooth 5.0 tech, which allows Bluetooth to be just as good. For this reason, we recommend looking for speakers supporting Bluetooth 5.0.
The Durability Of The Speaker
Remember, our goal is to find the answer to “What are the best outdoor Bluetooth speakers?” Before looking at sound quality or portable design, you may want to find out if your choice can survive external conditions.
We suggest looking at speakers with a rugged design, as they can handle all manners of drops, splashes, etc. For example, getting the best outdoor Bluetooth speakers waterproof means you can confidently bring them near any body of water.
The IP rating is also something that you should learn by heart. At the end of the day, it will tell you how water-resistant your speakers are.
The Best Outdoor Bluetooth Speakers FAQ
Here are some of the most insightful questions that we found while researching. We leave our answers here so that you can refer to them when in need.
Do I Need Smart Speakers?
The answer is yes, as voice assistants such as Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa make controlling your speaker even easier. Instead of having to work with your phones, all you need to do is speak out loud what you want to play.
If your Bluetooth & Wireless Speakers happens to have additional features such as light changing or a thermostat, you can adjust them easily.
However, you must keep in mind that voice assistants all require one thing to work, an Internet connection. If there is no connection, all the fancy things that these assistants can do will be in vain.
How Much Should I Spend On Bluetooth Speakers?
The price range for Bluetooth & Wireless Speakers is quite wide, with high-quality products available on both ends.
Gone are the days where the best all-around products equal the most expensive ones. Now, you can spend wisely and still get a speaker even more suitable than those of higher prices.
We cannot give you the exact best amount to spend on Bluetooth speakers. Nevertheless, we could accrue an interval in which you can get the pound by pound best speakers.
That range is between 50 dollars and 150 dollars. If it’s lower, there is just no chance that you can get a high-quality speaker. On the other hand, if it’s too high, you risk over-investing well above the amount that you can afford.
Where Can I Buy The Best Pair Of Outdoor Bluetooth Speakers?
The easiest way to do so is to shop around online, not at any physical store. Online shopping is the best answer to “where can I buy the best pair of portable outdoor bluetooth speakers?”. Online shops have prices much lower than what you see in any mall or electrical supply store.
After all, online stores do not have many bills like electricity, rent, employees, etc., to pay. It is also easier for you to find deals for Bluetooth & Wireless Speakers online by searching instead of having to go to different stores.
Is Mixing And Matching Different Speaker Brands Possible?
Technically, you can, but we do not in any way recommend doing so. While moving sounds between speakers, you need their signature to be the same. However, speakers from different brands have unique sounds with unique signatures, so the mixed sound quality will suffer.
We have introduced you to a buying guide for the best outdoor Bluetooth speakers. The main point that we want you to remember is that durability, portability, and connection strength should be top priorities.
With this criteria, we can narrow the choices down to the JBL Charge 3 Waterproof, the Bose SoundLink Micro , and the Dual Electronics LU43PB.
Out of these three, the Bose SoundLink , while offering high clarity audio, is too dependent on its app. The Dual Electronics LU43PB provides incredible bass for its price, but it’s too heavy for an outdoor speaker.
All in all, we believe that the JBL Charge 3 is the best choice. It has all the necessary strengths like clear audio, long battery life, etc., and no clear weakness. The only bad thing we can find about it is the annoying startup sound.