No time for beating about the bush if you are here, guys!
Let me go straight to the point by showing you the top 10 best MP3 players for audiobooks that are available and highly-rated on the market today. Soon, you will find out great features from this portable and easy-to-carry-around device.
Now, please down here, take a look at my collection and then pick the perfect one that satisfies all your demands.
Top 10 Best MP3 Players for Audiobooks of 2020
Soulcker D16 16GB Lossless MP3 Player – Best Overall
As a versatile MP3 player with Bluetooth 4.0, Soulcker D16 ensures consistent transmission and advanced technology, giving the best value for your money.
The most terrific part is that this audio machine offers a whole control over major audio formats such as MP3, AAC, WMA, etc. It even supports txt format, which means you can use it for reading e-books.
Other than being a music player, it includes a built-in FM radio (make sure to plug in earphones to use), a small display for picture browsing or video play, a file browser and voice recording.
Since the Soulcker D16 is equipped with Bluetooth 4.0 technology, connecting wireless headphones, speakers or other audio units is effortless. More importantly, its speed and performance will be intensely fast.
Ever so wonderfully, the sound quality is superior, making it a perfect selection for listening to audiobooks. A playtime of 55 hours on a full charge is a big plus, offering non-stop hours for entertainment.
Although there are some drawbacks, they are acceptable. For instance, I, myself, prefer a touch screen instead of touch buttons. Or sometimes, I have to turn back to play every time I shut off the device. Feel a bit annoyed.
But overall, the Soulcker D16 is the best MP3 player for audiobooks in the market that I like so much.
- ❤【Multi-functional】This MP3 Player not only supports Bluetooth Connection,FM Radio,Voice Recording,Picture Browsing and E-book reading,but also supports time screen-saver,one button to lock.Built-in Pedometer Function,Perfect for Sport Running,Traveling.
- ❤【Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Technology】Bluetooth 4.0 means faster transmission, stable performance, you can play music through Bluetooth speaker or headset. It may keep you away from cables.【Kindly Note】:This MP3 cannot pair with phones and car speakers.
- Multi-functional player
- Large storage
- Compatible with a wide range of formats
- Easy-to-see buttons in the dark
- Simple to use
- Nice and loud sound
- Good value
- Built-in Pedometer Function, ideal for sports fanatics
- 1-year warranty
- A bit difficult to connect Bluetooth
- Hard to read the display outside
SUPEREYE MP3 Player with Bluetooth 4.1 – Most Lightweight
At first sight, both the mp3 players from Soulcker D16 and SUPEREYE have some similar features to give you excellent listening experience.
But why did I review this device?
Well, it’s all about the weight.
Since I found some complaints that bringing the Soulcker D16 while running or doing some exercises is a bit inconvenient, I thought that perhaps they prefer something more lightweight and portable.
With a weight of 1.76 ounces and dimensions of 1.6 x 0.31 x 3.58, this unit is indeed small and lightweight so that you can put it in your pocket easily and comfortably. Moreover, it features double-sided acrylic glass, giving a smooth touch and ultimate experience.
Ah, another good point is that the SUPEREYE mp3 player has convenient folder management, allowing you to view different audio files better.
However, you cannot store many files like the Soulcker because this device only supports a MicroSD card of 64GB (not 128GB).
Also, there is no lock button, so you might accidentally press the button and interfere with the audiobooks.
All in all, with a low price tag as compared to the Soulcker D16, the SUPEREYE mp3 player is still a nice choice to consider.
- 【16GB & Fast Charging】16GB internal memory stores up to 5000 songs and the Micro SD card slot supports up to 64GB TF Card (NOT INCLUDED). Supereye bluetooth MP3 player can be quickly charged and you can enjoy music quickly.
- 【Acrylic Material and Axquisite】Double-sided acrylic material, soft light, clear vision, wear resistance, give you a smooth touch and the ultimate experience. The 1.8-inch body is compact and easy to carry. You can easily put it in your pocket.
- Good for size and price
- Easy to handle
- Logical interface
- Long-enough battery
- Great folder structure
- Decent Bluetooth
- Unclear instruction manual
- No lock button
- Some prefer a clip or strap to hold the unit
AKAMATE FX100 MP3 Player – Most User-Friendly
Let me talk about the most user-friendly and feature-rich mp3 player on this list – AKAMATE FX100!
As compared to both products above, this unit features a large screen (2.4 inches) and super sensitive touch buttons, letting you navigate and operate it effortlessly. More importantly, it has a one-button lock so that you don’t make any mistake like accidentally pressing the buttons.
As compared to the Soulcker D16, the FX100 also comes with some similar features. But the good news is that they are upgraded to a new level to give you better listening experience as well as a convenient control.
For instance, you can enjoy better sound quality without using headphones thanks to its built-in speaker. Or even you can record whatever the unit is playing or standby by simply pressing a red button.
One more terrific point is that this device permits you to build different playlists. Or you can add your favorite audiobooks to the built-in default playlists. But you might meet some troubles for the first time since the instructions in the manual are not clear.
After all, the AKAMATE FX100 is a good pick that offers everything you need a portable audio machine.
- New Fashion Updated Music Player & 2.4in TFT LCD Screen - AKAMATE Mp3 Player gives you a beautiful canvas for your photos, videos, and more. Everything is sharp, vivid, and lifelike. You see greater detail. And everything feels more realistic. All on a device that’s 8.8 mm thin and 2.46 ounces, so you can take it anywhere. And it makes everything you do feel faster and more fluid.
- Multifunctional Mp3 Player - AKAMATE MP3 player not only supports Music Playback, Bluetooth Connection, but also supports One-button Lock, FM Radio, Recording, Time Screen Protection, A-B Repeat, Video Playback, Picture Browsing, File Browsing and E-book Reading (only supports TXT format, does not directly support Audiobooks and iTunes). 6 equalizers, free choice of sound effects. Built-in Speakers and Pedometer, perfect for indoor, outdoor, travel, business, journalism, film, and other uses.
- Nice controls
- Included accessories
- Many colors to pick
- Supports USB-C and OTG
- Long battery life
- Hard to see the screen in daylight
- A bit challenging to get the SD card in and out
- Poorly-written owner’s manual
MYMAHDI MP3 Player with Bluetooth 5.0 – Best for Wireless Bluetooth Connectivity
One of the most outstanding features about the MYMAHDI mp3 player is that it can be connected with any wireless units like Bluetooth headset or speaker thanks to wireless Bluetooth 5.0.
Ever so wonderfully, it is capable of lowering the delay but enhancing the transmission wirelessly. No matter what you are doing, running, jogging, or in the gym, you are guaranteed to get a strong and stable connection.
Just remember that this device is a Bluetooth transmitter, not a receiver. Hence, you cannot pair it with your phones.
Aside from offering a good connection via the wireless Bluetooth, the MYMAHDI also features a superior built-in speaker so that you can enjoy audiobooks without earphones when you want to share it with your friends.
Similar to the above units, this one is able to play with a wide range of formats such as MP3, MP4, WMV, VOB, FLV, and so on. That means you don’t have to convert anything, so simply download audiobooks you want, okay?
Although its internal memory is only 8GB, don’t worry too much because you can use an SD card up to 128GB.
- Wireless Bluetooth 5. 0: You can listen to music through Bluetooth speaker or Bluetooth headset , which reduces the delay but speeds up the transmission wirelessly. Note: This MP3 is a Bluetooth transmitter, not a receiver, it cannot pair with phones.
- Full Screen, Full Touch: The first full screen digital player in addition to mobile phones, Full Screen is easy to operate and gives you a good visual feast, full touch makes the interactive experience a qualitative change.
- High-sensitive and large touch screen, easy to control
- Advanced Bluetooth connectivity
- Good battery life
- Short on the internal memory
- Terrible instructions
Kingbox Timoom MP3 Player – Best for Large Storage Capacity
If you prefer huge internal storage to keep all of your favorite audiobooks, Kingbox Timoom 32GB will be a perfect choice.
Thanks to the built-in 32GB memory, you are able to enjoy more than 2500 audiobooks as well as music or eBooks. Moreover, expanding its storage is easy by adding a Micro TF card up to 128GB.
What’s more, this unit delivers 20 hours of playtime by earphones at a moderate volume so that you can get a non-stop listening experience. Even if it is out of battery, you just take 1.5 hours to charge it for the next time.
However, there is a small issue that causes me grief.
Sometimes, when I want to play my favorite audiobook, all I just do is to press the Previous and Next buttons until I find it. Since all the files are stored in one place, it’s a bit challenging to get the selection.
So, I have to listen to each piece of the audiobook or rearrange the list while connecting the player to the PC.
Above all, the Kingbox Timoom is recommended if you are looking for a portable, affordable, and versatile mp3 player with a large capacity.
- [ Mp3 player with Bluetooth 4.1 ] : Wireless BT 4.1 can bring faster transmission but lower power consumption. You can enjoy the music or driving through BT speaker or BT headset. It can keep you away from the cables. Kind Note: This MP3 player is just a transmitter, it cannot pair with smartphones.
- [ HIGH-QUALITY LOSSLESS MUSIC PLAYER ]: Professional intelligent digital technology can reduce noise and take your ears to travel with original sound. The perfect sound makes your work and life more enjoyable.Support Formats: MP3/ WMA/ APE / FLAC / WAV/ /DRM / ACELP. This MP3 Media Players is a perfect gifts for music, sport or travel lovers.
- Compact, portable, and cheap
- Large internal storage
- Easy to use and connect the Bluetooth
- Easy to transfer audio files
- Unclear instructions
- Cannot play while charging
Sony NWE394/B 8GB Walkman MP3 Player – Most Durable
The name of Sony Walkman ensures you get one of the most long-lasting mp3 players. And as compared to the Apple iPod Nano, the NWE394/B is considered as the direct competitor in terms of design elements, sound quality, and other features.
With a fairly standard design, you can easily operate it. Below the 1.77-inch LCD screen is the main playback controls. It also features a dedicated volume rocker and a hold switch on the right side for convenience.
Since its compact design is streamlined, it’s pocket-friendly for sure. But if you want to strap it to your arm or waistband at the gym, please consider it again.
Plus, the Sony NWE394/B features a strong battery life of 35 hours for audio playback and more than 4 hours of video playback.
Ah, one more fantastic point is that this device lets you organize your own files by creating folders. Once you build the folders, transferring files by dragging and dropping is so simple.
All in all, this device is an excellent pick for those who need an easy-to-use mp3 player with handy features, solid sound quality, and long battery.
- Digital music & photo player with FM radio, Drag & drop from iTunes (PC) or Windows Media Player, Rechargeable battery with up to 35 hours audio playback
- Alarm and timer function, Playlists compatible, Earbud style Headphones and USB cable included
- Nice and bright screen
- Compact and durable
- Simple to operate
- Easy to connect and transfer files
- Playlist compatible
- Short memory for some (8GB)
- No built-in speaker
TIMMKOO M9 32GB Clip MP3 Player – Best Compact
While the brand name of TIMMKOO might sound new to you, this device’s technological features aren’t average at all. Furthermore, with a compact and portable design, it can keep you on the go with your favorite audiobooks.
Thanks to a sturdy built-in clamp, you easily clip it on your clothes or even attach it with the included silicone watchband and wear it on your wrist. So, if you prefer to listen to audiobooks while running or doing exercises, this MP3 player is a good choice.
Ever so wonderfully, the TIMMKOO M9 features a 1.5 inch highly sensitive touch screen for smooth and easy operation while you want to select other options.
However, the issue is that you cannot create different playlists. So, all you just do is to add your audiobooks to a playlist and then listen to each track.
- BLUETOOTH WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY FOR WIRELESS LISTENING-Pair the Bluetooth MP3 Player with your favorite Bluetooth wireless headphones for even more freedom in your workout.(Tips: unable to connect cellphone via Bluetooth).
- COLOR YOUR WORLD WITH SUPERB SOUND -High-performance dynamic audio quality allows the MP3 player to provide a rich acoustic experience.
- Very compact, easy to carry around
- Excellent touch screen
- Good memory
- Easy to use and transfer files
- Some prefer a larger screen
- Not applicable to the iOS system
10 Best wireless Bone Conduction Headphones 2021
Discover The Best Wired Headphones In A Second
Hotechs MP3 Music Player – Best for Any Budget
If all you want is a cheap mp3 player with decent and easy-to-use features for listening to audiobooks, no one can beat Hotechs.
This device only supports audio formats including MP3, WMA, AMV, and txt for reading eBooks. Of course, it features a good-sized LCD screen of 1.82 inches so that you can view everything easily.
Besides, it comes with four simple-to-use operational buttons, letting you control or choose any selection. Though I reckon that having one more “Back” button will be better.
Generally speaking, getting the mp3 music player with 32GB at an affordable price is a big plus. You are free to keep as many audiobooks as you want and even thousands of music songs, pictures, or videos.
- 【32GB Large Storage】The portable MP3 player comes with a 16 GB memory SD card and support up to 128GB(not included). Play music with MP3/Voice record/FM Radio/E-book support TXT format/ photo view / video with AMV format.
- 【Easily to Operate 】Designed with Independent Volume Control, Give you a more user-friendly experience.Can also be used as a memory Card reader or for file storage;Built in high speed Mini USB 2.0 cables,Just drag and drop the music file or folder directly when connecting to computer
- Stylish with many colors to choose
- Small and solid
- Large capacity
- Cheap earphones
- Poorly-written instructions
Creative Zen 8GB Portable Media Player – Best for Bookmarking
Amongst the best MP3 players for audiobooks in this list, the Creative Zen truly stands out from the crowd thanks to its unique feature about bookmarking.
This feature allows you to save your desired place within the audiobook automatically. That means when you stop for any reason and then resume any part you bookmarked, it will bring you there. Ever so wonderfully, you can place up to 10 bookmarks to revisit later.
So, no annoyance to finding your favorite spot when you come back after stopping the audiobook.
Aside from the bookmarking feature, the Creative Zen boasts other excellent ones that can satisfy any audiobook listeners.
And what I really like is that this device supports all the file types and even unprotected AAC files. This means that you can play any files that you’ve downloaded via iTunes. But remember that this mp3 player is not compatible with the Mac OS.
- Enjoy all your media on a device that's about the width of a credit card
- Watch 64 hours of videos, enjoy up to 4,000 of your favorite songs or share hundreds of photos with your friends
- Auto bookmarking
- Compatible with audible audiobooks
- Easy to sync
- Nice and smooth tactile buttons
- Strong battery life
- SD card slot for expandable memory
- Too pricey
- No built-in speaker
- No wifi or Bluetooth
Aomago MB130 32GB MP3 Player – Most Multifunctional
My last selection of the Aomago MB130 won’t let you down for sure because you are guaranteed to get excellent features at a reasonable price.
By supporting most audio formats such as MP3, WAV, WMA, TXT, etc., you can play not only audiobooks effortlessly but also music songs, pictures, videos, and eBooks.
As its name suggests, this device comes with huge storage of 32GB including 16GB internal memory and an additional 16GB SD card. But the good news is that you can upgrade the card up to 128GB if you want to store more of your favorite audiobooks.
Thanks to the wireless Bluetooth 4.2, connection and transmission will be more stable. Importantly, this technology allows you to share files from different devices and connect with other Bluetooth-enabled devices effortlessly.
And if you prefer picking it while doing exercise, feel free to attach it in an available sport armband.
- Lightweight and portable
- Super intuitive interface
- Quick and stable Bluetooth connection
- Long battery life
- Good value for the price
- A bit awkward to use the arrow buttons
Things to Consider Before Buying an MP3 Player to Play Audiobooks
As you see, these MP3 players above are not the same. Since each comes with particular features, you need to know your demands to find the most suitable one to play audiobooks, not just for enjoying regular music.
Keep reading this part to know better, guys!
How many audiobooks are you going to store in the player?
Of course, as many as possible, right?
The average size of an audiobook might range between 15MB and 30MB per hour. Also, it depends on the sound quality while being played. But if you download it from a reputable audiobook site like Audible, the file size will be larger than you expected.
Basically, an average 11-hour audiobook only takes about 320MB.
So, at least 8GB of storage does a good job.
Unlike playing music tracks, an audiobook requires continuous hours of playing, for example, about 10 hours or more. If your battery life is not strong enough, it easily dies in the middle of the book. And this is truly annoying.
Hence, the best way is to look for strong battery life, at least 15 hours of backup.
And the good news is that all the mp3 players reviewed above offer excellent battery life.
A standard mp3 player is capable of supporting most audio formats like MP3, WMV, AAC, etc.
Although you can find some audiobooks which are encrypted by unique formats, don’t worry too much because you can convert them into a common format such as MP3.
I will mention different ways so that you can perform in the upcoming part, so keep following, okay?
This feature is truly a BIG PLUS because it allows you to drop a virtual bookmark on a page and then return to continue where you left off.
The only issue is that not all the mp3 players are equipped with this outstanding feature. Most of them permit you to pause the audiobook and then continue playing until the end.
So, if you prefer to listen to a part of the book, then another part or listen to music, you need an mp3 player with bookmarking. And the Creative Zen that I mentioned above is a good pick.
Or if your MP3 player can connect to the App Store, you can try downloading apps that let you bookmark audiobooks.
Bluetooth connectivity is something else you should look for in case you want to share audiobooks with others or enjoy a hands-free listening experience by connecting wireless earphones.
Or if you need a complete MP3 player autonomy, you need some with the Wifi connectivity. Though I thought that it’s not necessary since you can connect the player to the computer to transfer the file easily.
Ways to Convert Audiobooks to MP3 format
Everything will be simple if the audiobooks’ format is MP3 since this format is compatible with all devices. But for unique formats, you might meet some issues if your MP3 cannot play them for some reason.
Therefore, the best way is to convert the downloaded audiobook files into a compatible one. And the MP3 format is the safest one to use.
So, let me guide you on how to do it!
#1 – iTunes
As an official tool from Apple, iTunes is well-known for high-quality conversion. The only problem is that the process is not as easy as you expect. It requires using an MP3 encoder to do.
#2 – Online converters
There are MP3 conversion portals online so that you can directly upload the audiobooks and then convert it.
#3 – Offline converters
You can find software that is available for converting other formats into MP3 format on PC. The good news is that these apps offer easy-to-follow instructions.
Aside from three ways above, some sites allow you to download the audiobook file in the MP3 format instantly.
Besides, I suggest you look for an MP3 player that is able to run most of the audio formats to avoid wasting time converting.
Time to Bring Back Home the MP3 Player You Want
As mentioned above, the Soulcker D16 16GB is one of the best MP3 players for audiobooks, in my opinion.
It comes with all features that you are looking for to play audiobooks. Moreover, it boasts a strong battery life of up to 55 hours so that you can enjoy continuous hours of playing without worrying about the interruption.
Ah, its affordable price tag is a BIG plus if you decide to buy this device.
Or in case you prefer something with the bookmarking feature, the Creative Zen mp3 player will be a good choice. Though its price is quite pricey.
Overall, the final decision is YOURS, guys. Think carefully and ORDER the one you love most.