You’ve just upgraded your TV, and you need to find the best HDMI cables to replace the outdated ones? Here are some useful tips for your situation.
An HDMI cable is a small accessory but plays a significant role in a whole audio system; you can’t get either the best image or audio quality without it. Thus, if you are shopping around for the best HDMI cables that suit your devices at a reasonable price, you’ve landed at the right place.
We spent hours and hours coming up with these HDMI cable reviews and buying guides to help you get the most out of your fancy devices.
Best HDMI Cables Reviews
Without further ado, let’s jump into the list below to find out what are the best HDMI cables!
Belkin HDMI 2.1 Cable – Best For Overall Value
Belkin HDMI 2.1 cable
Let’s check out the top-notch product on our best HDMI cables list, Belkin HDMI 2.1 cable. This nominee is one of the pioneer products that supports the HDMI 2.1 standard, a specification offering the highest video resolutions thus far of up to 10K.
This certified cable supports optimal bandwidth (up to 48 Gbps) and speeds for any tasks you want, ranging from gaming, streaming to connecting to HDTVs. It may change the way you enjoy your favorite TV shows or movies by the most immersive viewing experience available.
Another highlight is this cable’s compatibility with Dolby Vision, the high dynamic range (HDR) 4K video format, which is useful for the latest model devices. With this stunning technology, every light, dark, and vivid image will be shown on your big screen.
Despite huge data transmission, the connection of this product is stable and reliable. That will be useful whenever you need to hook up your Macbook to the TV.
You just need to plug it in and choose the input channel on the TV. The cable will do its job smoothly without any trouble.
The only downside of this cable is that you may hesitate to pay for a short cable (only 6-foot cable available). Regardless, a short cable comes with its advantage of transmitting better image quality; so at the end of the day, the choice depends on your situation.
- HDMI 2.1 Ultra HD Certified by Authorized Testing Center (Forum ATC)
- A quantum leap from 18 Gbps (HDMI 2.0) to a whopping 48 Gbps
- Cost worthy
- Well-known cable brand
- Complies with stringent specifications
- Dolby Vision compatibility
- Supports 4K HDR (Dolby Vision and HDR 10)
- Only one size available
Basesailor 8K HDMI Cable – Best For 8K Videos
Basesailor 8K HDMI Cable
The runner-up in this round is the Basesailor 8K HDMI Cable with excellent 8K video streaming and durable design. The HDMI cable is well built with gold-plated connectors, and a triple-shielding wire will help reduce signal interference that may appear while you are using the devices.
There are four sizes and three colors available for your choice. Its eye-catching design comes along with strong material constructing a long-lasting cable you may ever come across.
You can use this premium high-speed cable to connect multiple streaming devices (including Samsung QLED, Sony PlayStation, and PS5) with standard HDMI ports to screens or HDTVs for ultimate image quality.
Remarkable as it is, this product meets the standards for 8K Video resolutions at 60Hz (or 4K@120Hz). It delivers a clean, crisp picture to render your videos, photos, and games with stunning clarity.
Due to its strong cover, this cable is a little hefty, and that’s the only disadvantage of the product.
- Connect your streaming devices, gaming consoles, Blu-ray players and HDTVs for an ultimate viewing experience.
- Constructed with gold-plated connectors and three-layer copper shielding to minimizes signal interference.
- Price worthy
- Provide optimal 8K resolution and bandwidth
- Compatible with plenty of streaming devices
- Connect HDMI-compatible audiovisual device
- Support eARC
- 12-month warranty
- A bit hefty weight
AmazonBasics High-speed HDMI Cable – Best For Popularity
AmazonBasics High-speed HDMI Cable
This AmazonBasics cable enjoys great popularity amongst customers due to its inexpensive price but availability for a wide array of devices, including displays, projectors, game consoles, and HDTVs.
The item is an ideal choice for people who work on various platforms and desire compatibility.
You can connect your 4K TV, 4K Blu-ray players, and other game consoles via the cable. It also allows you to share an Internet connection among these devices without buying another dedicated Ethernet cable.
The product is capable of delivering 4K@24Hz with a bandwidth of 10.2 Gbps. It features 24K gold-plated connectors and triple covers that reduce signal interference and increase top-tier image and sound performance.
The cable also meets the CL3 rating for safe in-wall use and supports up to 300 volts, which suits large spaces or a big living room. This feature ensures the aesthetic of your house instead of a visible bunch of wires.
Regretfully, only one inconvenience is this item does not support eARC port.
- Supports Ethernet, 3D, 4K video, and ARC
- Shares an Internet connection among multiple devices
- Backward compatible with older versions
- Lifetime warranty
- High-speed connectivity
- Durably built with 26AWG
- Not support eARC port
Zeskit Maya 8K HDMI Cable – Best Up-to-date
Zeskit Maya 8K HDMI Cable
Are you a true techie who always wants to own the latest phone or the latest game console? If the answer is yes, you can’t ignore this ultra high speed HDMI cable.
This product has the most recent update of the HDMI specification that delivers higher resolutions and refresh rates from 8K@60, 4K@120, and even 10K. It also supports dynamic HDR formats and maximum bandwidth of 48 Gbps for the best immersive image and sound effects.
The HDMI cable complies with international EMI standards stringently to minimize the probability of interference caused by wireless connectivity.
Besides, you can enjoy the most popular technologies, including Dolby Vision, DTS:X, Dolby Atmos, and eARC with modern devices connected through the cable.
There is no need to worry about the previous HDMI versions because the cable featured backward compatible with any HDMI device.
Although, the minus point lies in the cable’s connectivity; it is not compatible with some Samsung TVs.
- Cable length: 2m / 6.5ft
- Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable Certified (w/ Hologram Sticker)
- Fully compatible with LG OLED TV, PS5, and Xbox
- Support Dolby Vision, DTS:X, Dolby Atmos, and eARC
- Backward compatible with old versions of HDMI
- Approved Category 3 Connector (Standard HDMI)
- 2 years warranty
- Not compatible with some Samsung TVs
Uni USB Type C To HDMI Cable – Best For Apple Products
Uni USB Type C To HDMI Cable
In the third place, type C to HDMI cable from uni brand has shown its outstanding video and audio data transmission ability. This cable delivers 4K video content at 60 Hz perfectly.
With this HDMI cable, it is possible to connect your smartphone or tablet directly to the HDMI-equipped monitor or projector; no driver or software is required. It also helps you avoid problems like signal interference because of unstable WiFi.
This cable’s casing is made from premium materials comprising braided nylon and aluminum alloy. This feature increases its durability and protects the cable from being damaged from twisting.
Plus, you can plug-and-play easily with the non-slip grips of this item, which is rather user-friendly.
This accessory is especially dedicated to Apple’s fans since it has Thunderbolt 3 technology compatible with the latest versions of MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and Ipad Pro.
On the contrary, some customers complain that the overheat issue can appear after using the product for a long period.
- 【USB-C to 4K HDMI Cable】Use the uni Type-C to HDMI Cable with your USB-C device to view sporting events, movies, video games, and photos/albums directly on your HDMI-equipped monitor/display/TV - never again miss the game-winning touchdown or your favorite TV episodes. Direct HDMI cable connection from your smartphone to TV means no more casting issues due to unstable WiFi.
- 【Compatible & Reliable HDMI Cable】Plug-&-Play, like a standard 4K HDMI cable - no software or drivers required. Connect one or two HDMI monitors/displays at up to 4K@60Hz resolution. Compatible with HDMI-equipped TVs/Monitors/Projectors for both video and audio transfer.
- Supports HDMI 2.0
- Thunderbolt 3 compatible
- Supports both type C and HDMI
- High-quality casing
- May overheat
Monoprice 4k HDMI Cable – Best For Budget
Monoprice 4k HDMI Cable
This nominee is one of the best budget HDMI cables but still delivering reliable data transmission. Whether you live in a house with a big living room or a humble apartment, this HDMI cable can satisfy all your needs.
It consistently provides plenty of choices for cable lengths and types. In detail, this Premium High Speed cable comes in seven lengths and two colors, black and white.
It is certified to pass a 4K high dynamic range signal at 60 Hz, enhancing video and audio performance for most TV shows and movies. The item also enables data transmission at a bandwidth of 18 Gbs from various HD and Ultra HD sources, including Blu-ray player, media streamer, or game console.
The hitch is that this cable is featured by HDMI Ethernet Channel and the Audio Return Channel to provide Deep Color with16-bits per channel.
The brand claims this 4K HDMI cable is tested and certified by HDMI Authorized Test Centres, so you can enjoy some peace of mind, knowing that they’re going to work just fine.
Another favorite feature is that the product supports the delivery of dual video streams to a single display screen at once, convenient for gamers or YouTubers interested in content streaming.
Conversely, the long cable types, 25 feet or 30 feet, can sometimes cause blackouts on 4K content.
- These Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cables are the only HDMI cables to be tested and certified by HDMI Authorized Test Centers to ensure they support all features in the latest HDMI specification.
- Comprehensive Testing: Each cable length has been individually tested and certified to deliver the full 18Gbps bandwidth with a high level of EMI resistance.
- Certified cable by ATC
- Variety in lengths and colors
- Provides 4K HDR
- Capable of dual video stream
- Long cable (2 options: 25 or 30 feet)
- Occasional blackout content
- No support ARC, eARC
iBirdie 4K HDR HDMI Cable – Best For Gamers
iBirdie 4K HDR HDMI Cable
You will want to plug this nominee in your new 4K Ultra HD TV immediately to enjoy vivid gaming pictures and sound alike. It can also handle Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, making your viewing experience more lifelike.
The cable belongs to the best 4K HDMI cables group that provides maximum data throughput to work consistently with the latest Ultra HDTVs.
The higher dynamic range and richer color range combined with Ultra 3D and 32 audio channels make it work perfectly in UHD 3D gaming, making it highly recommendable for gamers.
This item provides two standards comprising HDMI 2.0a and HDMI 2.0b, better compatible with 4K videos and Blu-ray movies.
The Male to a Male HDMI cable also has an Ethernet port and Audio Return Channel, fully shielded.
Another highlight is that the cable is rated for CL3, which can handle 300 volts and is intended for commercial settings.
The drawback may appear when you set up a cable run in a long-distance, you’ll see sparkle on 4K content.
- 4K UHD resolution (4096x2160 and 3840x2160) provides maximum data throughput to work perfectly with new 4K Ultra HD TV
- High dynamic range realize wider and richer range of colors, Ultra 3D combined with 32 Audio channels Provides high quality sound
- Provides 4K UHD resolution
- CL3-rated for in-wall installation
- Works with UHD 3D for gaming PCs
- Supports ARC and ethernet
- Flawed long-distance connection
Ivanky 4K HDMI Cable – Best For Flexibility
Ivanky 4K HDMI Cable
The high-speed cable has HDMI standard with bandwidth going up to 18 Gbps, ensures a stable signal transmission, and minimizes signal interference through its durable covers.
The cable will provide instant connection and crystal clear image quality. Moreover, it can operate multiple platforms simultaneously; so it’s not necessary to purchase the Ethernet cable.
This item is compatible with multiple devices, including projector, UHD TV, monitor, and other game consoles.
One of its key strengths is the flexibility and durability; it passed a bend test of 10,000+ without any strain. The durability is thanks to its nylon braided cover.
The tinplate steel shielding combined with gold-plated connectors to reduce the corrosion and guarantee the best viewing performance possible.
The product is compatible with most HDMI standards ranging from 1.2 to 2.0. The extendable warranty of the cable is another plus point.
Since the cable only supports 4K resolution, it is not suitable if you want to display 8K video content.
- 👍[High Speed Data Capacity] - iVanky 4K HDMI Cable 10 ft supports HDMI 2.0b including 18 Gbps, Mirror & Extend mode, Ultra HD 4K 2160p, HD 2K 1080p, QHD 1440p, HDCP 2.2, 48-Bit Deep Color, Audio Return(ARC), Dolby TrueHD 7.1 audio and Hot plugging.HDMI ARC supports 3D surround sound. It creates an immersive world right in your living room. Enjoy video and audio simultaneously without lag. Supports multiple audio formats, such as uncompressed 5.1, 7.1, DTS-HD, and Dolby.
- 😊[4K HDMI Cable HDR] - Perfect for your 4K UHD TV. Compatible for your streaming devices, Apple TV 4K, NVIDIA SHIELD TV, CD/DVD/Blu-ray players, Fire TV, Roku Ultra, PS4/5, Switch, computers, or other HDMI-enabled devices to your 4K/HD TV, monitors, displays or projectors.
- 4K HDR HDMI cable
- 18 months warranty (extendable to 54 months)
- Backward compatible with 1.4, 1.3, and 1.2
- Supports Ethernet, 3D, 4K video, and ARC
- Not compatible with 8K video content
Capshi High Speed 4K HDMI Cable – Best For Length Variety
Capshi High Speed 4k HDMI Cable
The cable will amaze you by not only the variety of length but also the visual quality it offers.
It comes with 13 distinctive lengths and two colors (grey and red) for your choice. So you can get the exact length you want no matter how big your room is, and be free from messy extended cables.
Besides, this product can support two different modes: mirror and extend, ultra HD 4K 2160p which is four times the number of pixels on a 1080p display and up-to-date feature like Hot Plugging.
It also has backward compatibility with all HDMI versions ranging from HDMI 1.3 to HDMI 2.1. This product fits well with many HDMI-enabled devices connecting to your TV screen or computer monitor.
The nylon braided jacket ensures long-lasting and durable strength for the cable. It is suitable for both working and entertainment applications.
If the cable spreads across multiple locations, it might be difficult to run simultaneously.
- ⚡【High Speed HDMI Cable】: High Speed HDMI Cable supports HDMI 2.0b including 18 Gbps, Mirror & Extend mode, Ultra HD 4K 2160p, HD 2K 1080p, QHD 1440p, HDCP 2.2, 48-Bit Deep Color, Audio Return(ARC), Dolby TrueHD 7.1 audio and Hot plugging.
- ⚡【4k HDMI Cable】: Features an ultra-durable nylon-braided jacket with a bend lifespan of 6000+ and High quality 24K gold plated connectors,This hdmi cord is perfect for any desk or entertainment setup, and is guaranteed to last in long term applications.(PS:The 4k Logo is printed on the aluminum shell which is wrapped around by a piece of plastic film to protect the shell from scraching ,feel free to remove the film when you use it.)
- Sturdy cable
- Supports mirror and extend mode
- Supports Dolby TrueHD, Hot plugging, Ethernet & ARC
- Backward compatibility with lower HDMI versions
- Difficult to run multiple applications
PowerBear 4K HDMI Cable – Best For Materia
PowerBear 4K HDMI Cable
This product supports HDMI 2.0, allowing it to transmit 4K resolution at 60 frames per second with a bandwidth of 18 Gbps. These features enhance audio and bring the ultimate image aspect ratio to your video and gaming experience.
Video quality is sustained through the gold-lacquered connectors, whereas braided nylon makes it robust and durable. The item also has copper wire combined with triple-shielded to avoid cable damage while plug in and plug out.
It provides universal compatibility by working well with various HDMI devices ranging from 4k Blu-ray player, computer, laptop to monitor. The item is an essential HDMI cable for all of your home and office devices.
Besides, the product fits well with lower HDMI versions,and provides Dynamic-colors, and Dolby TrueHD 7.1 audio for your best home theater system.
The only drawback is sometimes blank screens can occur due to authentication delay; there can also be screen flashing errors.
- 4K HDMI Cable: Male to Male HDMI Cable Supports 4K Video @ 60Hz, 2K, 1080P, 48 bit/px HDR color depth, TrueHD 7.1, Audio Return Channel (ARC) & Ethernet
- Premium Quality HDMI Cable: This HDMI cable has 30WG copper wire, triple tin shielded in a double braided premium nylon with gold plated corrosion resistant connectors for guaranteed top tier image & sound
- Affordable cable
- Robust and durable shielding
- Universal compatibility
- Support ARC and Dolby TrueHD
- Screen flashing errors sometimes
How To Choose An HDMI Cable
Since the first production in 2002, the HDMI standard made a drastic change in electronics technology for providing the best audio and video performance than ever seen before. To take full advantage of it, you want to choose the right type of HDMI cable.
The best cable or not, it depends on your purposes: prefer an HDMI cable with basic features connecting your game console or cable box, or require the one delivering the best resolutions for your 4K/8K TV with maximum bandwidth.
Besides, it is necessary to consider the future upgrades in devices before the purchase.
Though the unlicensed or counterfeit products can offer very cheap prices, they won’t transmit the signals effectively, and you end up buying others to replace.
To avoid that trouble, make sure you only buy cables from licensed HDMI Adopters providing tested and certified products.
There are various types of HDMI cable on the market, but they can be divided into four main categories:
Standard HDMI Cable
This model is the slowest HDMI cable that delivers the most basic features. It has a bandwidth of 4.95 Gbps, which is enough to send a 1080i or 720p signal to your TV. But it cannot support 4K video at all.
High Speed HDMI Cable
This type of cable is designed to handle video resolutions of 1080p with a minimum bandwidth of 10.2 Gbps. It also supports 4K@30Hz, HDR, and wide color gamuts.
It is suitable to watch movies by Ultra HD Blu-ray, but streaming TV shows or gaming hardware that require 4K at 60 frames per second is impossible.
Premium High Speed HDMI Cable
Having a bandwidth up to 18Gbps, this cable is designed for reliable performance for 4K@60Hz, HDR, and advanced features like expanded color spaces BT.2020.
This cable will help you with 4K, even 8K, and higher resolution videos with certain frame rates.
Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable
It has a bandwidth of up to 48 Gbps, which can handle 4K@120Hz and uncompressed 8k@60Hz. This version is a wise choice if you own a game console or PC capable of pushing 4K speeds higher than 60Hz.
Different HDMI cables will provide different features. Though a $6 cable can perform equally to a $100 one, it is worth thinking about the durability if you need to plug and unplug those regularly.
A plethora of wires will make your room look untidy and lose its aesthetic; hence you will want to choose the cable as short as possible.
Besides, the short cable can reduce the signal degradation than the longer one. It is essential to take a small move to measure and ensure you have enough length to plug in comfortably.
Q1. What Is HDMI ARC?
HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) is a popular technology in most TV and home-theatre systems produced in the past 10 years. HDMI ARC allows audio signals to transfer to and from electronic devices.
Hence, everything is solved by one HDMI cable, and you don’t need to use another audio cable anymore.
In case you have the old version of receivers or speakers, you may need to buy optical digital cables to get audio from your TV, even if it supports ARC.
There are two HDMI inputs in the TV’s panel, but only one can support ARC/eARC, so make sure you plug the cable in the right input.
Q2. What’s New With HDMI 2.1?
The HDMI 2.1 specification is the latest version of the HDMI specification that supports plenty of high video resolutions and refresh rates comprising 8K 60Hz, 4K 120Hz, and especially 10K resolution at 120Hz.
It also supports dynamic HDR formats with maximum bandwidth of up to 48 Gbps through the new ultra high-speed HDMI cable.
TVs and receivers that support HDMI 2.1 can also be compatible with previous HDMI versions. Thus if you own a modern 8K TV connected to another component that only supports 4K, it is possible to display 4K resolution video on your screen.
Q3. Are Expensive HDMI Cables Better?
It is a common notion that the more expensive HDMI cables, the better image quality they deliver. However, the truth is high-price cables only last longer, and they don’t offer any big advantage in visuality compared to cheaper ones.
The matter here is the type of the cables since they support different resolutions at various bandwidths. And they must be compatible with your input and output devices to ensure the best audio and image quality.
For example, if you want solid 4K or 8K performance in your brand new game consoles or PCs, you want to select the ultra high-speed HDMI cables, which can handle 4K@120Hz and 8k@60Hz at a bandwidth up to 48 Gbps.
Q4. Will High-speed HDMI Cables Always Work?
The signal quality of an analog cable can be classified from poor to excellent and have a similar effect on sound or video. But, the HDMI cable is different. It is about working or not.
Normally, the HDMI cable sends data from the source to the destination device. When there is a problem with the signal path caused by a cable run in a long-distance, you’ll see sparkle on the monitors.
The solution is to always make the HDMI cable as short as possible.
That’s a wrap
Finally, with all the given information, what do you think? Have you decided which are the best HDMI cables to buy yet?
Suppose it is still hard to pick one. In that case, you can opt for our top pick – the best overall Belkin HDMI 2.1 cable for its undeniable benefits such as delivering optimal resolution and speeds for HDTVs, supporting Dolby Vision and HDR 10, and compatible with various HDMI-enabled devices.
Or rather, you may choose Basesailor 8K HDMI cable for the best 8K video content.
Thank you for taking your time to read! We hope this article has helped you a lot!