Although Apple AirPods are well-known for their sound quality, hour of battery life, and other functionalities, their a bit higher prices may make them less attractive, especially those on a tight budget. So what is a cheaper alternative to Apple AirPods? The below review and buying guide for the best cheap Apple AirPods alternatives could help you answer that question.
10 Best Cheap Apple AirPods alternatives
JLab Audio Go Air Bluetooth Earbuds – Best for sound experience
The Go Air earbuds are manufactured by the JLab Audio with great attention to the design. Specifically, it’s a bit smaller than the brand’s JBuds Air model, which is more closely suitable for small ears. Besides, with pocket-friendly case design, this earbud can come in handy for users who are always on the go.
Noticeably, with 8mm neodymium drivers, this earbud model provides users with the best sound quality. You can freely choose among Balanced, JLab Signature, and Bass Boost modes with just one or two taps via touch sensors for you to indulge in your preferred music. Indeed, you’ll be amazed at how fantastic your tunes, phone calls, and many more are with the Go Air earbuds.
Another thing that is hardly found in the cheap earbud models like the Go Air is the long battery life. It offers a five-hour playtime in each earbud and more than 15 hours from the charging case, saving your music experience from being interrupted. Also, the included charging case and the charging cable make the recharging process hassle-free.
The only thing that needs improvement is the volume since it’s not up to par to many users who prefer the little bit loud volume. Also, the charging case seems to be cheaply made and of inferior durability.
- LONG BATTERY LIFE: Listen for the long battery life; stay for the comfort. GO Air features 5 hours of playtime in each earbud and 15+ extra hours from the charging case. That’s 20+ hours of playtime. Recharge hassle-free with the charging case and integrated charging cable.
- DUAL CONNECT: Use either earbud independently or use both and experience a seamless connection no matter the situation. Both earbuds auto connect to your device, so no need to worry about switching or missing a connection. A built-in MEMS microphone in each bud ensures clear calls.
- Pocket-friendly design for easy carrying
- Good audio performance with neodymium drivers
- More than 20 hours of playtime
- A little low volume
- Cheaply-made charging case
In general, we think it’s relatively cheap concerning all the Go Air features. Indeed, it should be ranked as one of the top Airpods alternatives for those who’re on a tight budget.
ENACFIRE E60 Earbuds – Best for sound-enhancing features
The ENACFIRE E60 Bluetooth earbuds feature ergonomic design with nano-coating material and the highest IPX8 certified waterproof rating. Hence, this product is resistant to any splash and water penetration, which is convenient for you to carry it along in all kinds of outdoor environments.
Also, this model is almost unrivalled regarding its various features that enhances your sound experience. Its latest audio coding technology contributes to the premium audio performance. Also, the Qualcomm apt-X tech facilitates the low-bit-rate transmission for the free lossless audio. To add to this, the noise cancellation feature allows you to enjoy music without being distracted by the surroundings.
Another remarkable thing about the ENACFIRE E60 earbud model is that it features an incredibly efficient wireless charging case. The ENACFIRE E60 true wireless earphones have made the charging process more straightforward since all you need to recharge the earbuds is to place them on the charging pad.
However, like the Go Air earbuds, the ENACFIRE E60 earbuds fail to meet your expectations in terms of the volume. In fact, it’s relatively low, if not much weaker than that of almost the same-class earbuds.
- 【Sound Like a Pro】 A premium audio quality is essential to achieve greater performance. Installed with Qualcomm apt-X technology, ENACFIRE E60 wireless earbuds provides powerful, low-bit rate transmission and scalability for free lossless audio. Nothing more important to always have music with you through the toughest workout.
- 【Wireless Charging Technology】With highly effective wireless charging case equipped, ENACFIRE E60 wireless earphones simplify all the charging process and deliver the truth wireless life experiences. Charging just as easy as placing them on the charging pad. Lay it down, charge it up, just like magic.
- The highest IPX8 certified waterproof rating
- The audio coding tech for better sound quality
- Utterly useful wireless charging case
- The unsatisfied quality of the volume
In general, the ENACFIRE E60 Bluetooth Earbuds may not be suitable for those who love listening to music with the loud volume, but they are still worth the money compared to other products of the same prices.
EarFun Free v5.0 Bluetooth Earbuds – Best for compact design
EarFun Free v5.0 Bluetooth
The most special thing about the EarFun Free v5.0 Bluetooth earbuds is that they are regarded as an honoree for their innovative ergonomic and lightweight design. Specifically, this type of earbud can fit your ears closely and firmly, even when you’re working out or running. Also, with three sizes of ear tips, you could choose which one you find comfortable to wear.
More noticeably, the EarFun Free Earbuds are powered by the latest v5.0 Bluetooth to improve the earbuds’ stability and connection. To be more specific, after the set-up, the earbuds can turn on automatically and pair with your devices flawlessly within the range of up to 49 ft.
Besides, this earbud model possesses built dual graphene speakers that accounts for the deep bass and incredibly clear treble. To add to this, the MEMS microphones integrated with the noise-canceling technology allow users to experience good quality hands-free phone calls even in noisy places like the bus or the market.
However, I dare say that the only downside of this EarFun Free comes from the lack of in-ear volume controls, making it relatively hard for you to manipulate the volume.
- CES 2020 INNOVATION AWARD HONOREE: CES highly praised - "EarFun Free is recognized as honoree for its innovative design and engineering in some of the most cutting-edge tech and service coming to the market."
- HI-FI STEREO SOUND: Feature dual graphene speakers that produce incredible sound quality with deep bass and crystal clear treble; built-in MEMS microphones with noise cancellation for you to enjoy crystal-clear hands-free calls and voice assistant in noisy circumstances.
- Ergonomic and lightweight design
- The deep bass and clear treble
- v5.0 Bluetooth for better connection
- No on-ear volume controls
In recapitulation, although the EarFun Free v5.0 Bluetooth Earbuds have no volume control, they still offer good bass quality. They are mostly suitable for those who prefer a lightweight earbud to carry around.
FIIL T1X TWS True Wireless Earbuds – Best for design wireless connection
FIIL T1X TWS
I dare say that the most outstanding features of this model is that they possess Bluetooth 5.0 and LDS tech, so the stability of the wireless connection is more ensured. What’s more, due to the automatically wireless pairing feature, you can connect them with your devices with ease, whether they run on Android or iOS or other operating systems.
Powerful Wireless connection will be nothing if the earbuds are paired with shabby look. Luckily, this product is nothing of the sort. It features a sleek ergonomic design made of water-resistant materials, which accounts for their overall durability. Also, compared to other models of the same prices out there, the FIIL T1X TWS Earbuds are a bit more lightweight for users to carry them easily.
Besides, the earbuds come with the 1/4” Dynamic Driver and built-in microphone to create the best HiFi sound and music quality. Also, the noise reduction technology helps minimize the noise in the surrounding, ensuring you experience the optimal call quality no matter how noisy your environment may be.
However, the downside of these earbuds is rubber ear-fins. They seem to be made of flimsy materials since they cannot fit the ears comfortably and closely after just a few months.
- 【Deep Bass for Sport & Crystal Voice Call】Features with the 1/4" Dynamic Driver, the Bluetooth wireless earbuds with built-in microphone ensure an incredible HiFi sound and endow a premium and fined-tuned music quality for you. DSP voice noise reduction technology of these Bluetooth wireless earbuds upgrade noise recognition ability.
- 【Support FIIL+ APP】FIIL T1X Bluetooth headphones true wireless support FIIL+ APP, which allows you to experience 15 types of EQ sound modes, check the battery level, reset sync and do other basic operations. The sound quality helps you enjoy these Bluetooth wireless earbuds.
- Sleek design made of waterproof materials
- Good HiFi sound and music quality
- Bluetooth 5.0 and LDS tech for a stable connection
- The flimsy rubber ear-fins
In general, the features of this earbud model are quite good except ear-fins. However, considering these features and the price, they are still good for the money.
JBL Live 300 TWS Review: A Decent Affordable Choice
Best True Wireless Earbuds Of 2021 – Excellent Design and Style
TaoTronics SoundLiberty 79 Earbuds – Best for user-friendly design
TaoTronics SoundLiberty 79
The TaoTronics SoundLiberty 79 Earbuds have a user-friendly design, which is regarded as the most notable feature of this earbud model. In fact, it offers three sizes of ear tips and soft ear-hooks with a comfortable and secure fit for you to wear them all day long. Outside of this, the IPX8 water-resistant feature ensures that the earbuds are not protected from the water, sweat, and rain, etc.
In addition, the upside of this noticeable earbud model is the strong connectivity. Specifically, with its built-in premium chipset, the v5.0 Bluetooth technology, and the advanced LDS antenna, it features a quick and uninterrupted signal transmission with a wide range of more than 20m/66ft.
In terms of the sound quality, the TaoTronics SoundLiberty 79 TWS earbuds generally offer good crystal-clear phone calls without being greatly impacted by the environmental noise thanks to its noise reduction technology. Besides, the bass performance is powerful with the PEEK+PU Speaker Driver, so you can enjoy your tunes on the go.
Despite all these above upsides, this product has a drawback in terms of the touch controls. In a few circumstances, they might fail to be sensitive, which may pose challenges and sometimes irritation for the user when adjusting the volume.
- Crystal-Clear Calls: TaoTronics SoundLiberty 79 TWS earbuds with Smart AI Noise Reduction Technology makes your voice coherent for crystal-clear calls – even in noisy environments such as in an office, café or on a bus, train, car, etc.
- Hi-Fi Stereo Sound Quality: It offers incredibly clear sound quality and Powerful Bass Performance with 6mm PEEK+PU Speaker Driver.You can enjoy the amazing music feast while traveling, working, excising etc.
- User-friendly design with diverse ear tips
- Strong and constant connectivity
- Crystal-clear phone calls and deep bass
- The occasionally defective touch controls
In a nutshell, regardless of occasional defective touch controls, the TaoTronics SoundLiberty 79 Earbuds are of reasonable price with enough features for you to enjoy an incredible music experience.
Anker Soundcore Life P2 Earbuds – Best for battery life
Anker Soundcore Life P2
The most prominent feature of the Soundcore Life P2 earbuds is that they boast more than 40 hours of nonstop music blasting, with approximately 7 hours of playback time. Since this model utilizes the USB type C instead of its outdated micro USB, you can quickly charge your earbuds. For example, your earbuds just need about 10 minutes of charging for more than 60 minutes of playtime.
In terms of sound quality, this earbud model provides users with the exceptionally clear calls than other brands’ thanks to superior noise reduction and cVc 8.0 technology. To add to this, BassUp technology helps to enhance the bass quality by more than 43%, allowing users to be engrossed in the great music experience.
Also, this model boasts an IPX7 waterproof design that protects it against liquids from the environment. What’s more, the ear tips’ design features a reassuringly snug fit for your ears’ comfort, so you can wear them all day.
However, the brand should improve the rubber piece that’s used to make the earbuds fit. Actually, the microphones are easily covered by this piece, which might lead to decreased sound quality and user experience.
- Perfect for Home Offices: Each earbud has two microphones with beamforming noise reduction for superior vocal enhancement and background-noise suppression.
- Incredible Sound Powered By Graphene Drivers: Delivers music with a wider soundstage and exceptional accuracy and clarity. BassUp technology further enhances bass by up to 43%.
- An IPX7 waterproof design with 3 sizes of ear tips
- The noise reduction and cVc 8.0 tech for improved calls
- Can be used up to two days in a row
- The rubber ear hook may obstruct the microphones
In conclusion, the Anker Soundcore Life P2 Earbuds can be the best suitable for those with basic needs and a limited budget regarding these above pros and cons.
True Wireless Mpow X3 Earbuds – Best for ANC technology
Wireless Mpow X3
One of the most outstanding characteristics of Mpow x3, according to the manufacturer, is the active noise canceling technology (ANC). It can detect the noise in the surroundings and reduces the excessive noise by up to 28dp. Due to this ANC feature, you can freely enjoy your music without being impacted by the environment’s loud noise.
Plus, this model is nano-coated and waterproof, so you don’t have to worry when you bring it along during your sweaty exercises. Additionally, they feature three sizes of soft ear tips that comfortably fit different ears and won’t easily fall off when you’re running.
Besides, this sort of earbud can provide you with a fascinating playtime. To be more specific, its battery can allow for the playback time of up to 7 hours. Besides, the included charging box supplies a 23-hours playback time, which contributes to the significantly lengthened music enjoyment.
However, the minor drawback of this Mpow X3 is the charging case. Though it looks much similar to the standard Airpods case, it appears to be cheaply made and easy to scuff.
- Active noise cancelation feature: Mpow X3 active noise cancelling (ANC) wireless earbuds cancels outside low-frequency noises, creating an outstanding quality music experience without the need for excessive phone volume, further preventing ear damage. Additionally, ANC mode can be activated whilst without playing any music at all, if in a scenario where you need some peace and quiet – for example falling asleep on a plane.
- 4 Mics environmental noise cancellation: Each earbud has 2 microphones - one mic reduces environmental noise and the other enhances voice quality when making a phone call. This means you can be heard loud and clear whilst enjoying crystal-clear calls.
- Waterproof and closely fitted design
- The ANC feature for better sound quality
- Good battery for the fantastic playtime
- Low-end and not robots charging case
In conclusion, despite the minor downside in terms of the charging box, the Wireless Mpow X3 earbud is still well-worth your look due to its good design and ANC technology.
Soundmagic TWS50 True Wireless Earbuds – Best for deep bass
This earbud model’s most outstanding feature comes from the clear treble and deep bass quality, enhanced by the dynamic driver and moving-coil Horn loudspeaker. Besides, thanks to the v5.0 Bluetooth chipset, you can enjoy fascinating high quality and uninterrupted calls and the lossless deep bass audio quality.
Another feature worth praising is that the Soundmagic TWS50 can be compatible with both IOS and Android platforms, which helps you get rid of the hassle over your devices’ suitability with the earbud. Besides, the TWS50 One-Touch button system is indeed straightforward for you to receive and give phone calls.
However, compared to the same-segment products such as the Lypertek’s Tevi and Cambridge Audio’s Melomania 1 earbuds, the Soundmagic TWS50 doesn’t attract many customers in terms of its battery life. It would be much better if the brand extends the battery life to much more than just 30 hours.
- ♬【Excellent Sound Quality】SoundMAGIC has foundspace to fit each one with a 6mm full-range neodymium driver. The low-frequency drone is deep and detailed, but it’s controlled enough to steerclear of the midrange above it. At the top end, there’s more politeness - theTWS50s don’t attack the treble frequencies like some rival designs, but thenagain they don’t sound splashy or harsh like some rival designs.
- ♬【Strong Bluetooth 5.0 Performance】SoundMAGIC TWS50 is equipped with a high-performance bluetooth 5.0 Realktek chip, a built-in audio decoder and ACC supported coding technology. Nothing in theSoundMAGICs’ brief feature set suggests cost-cutting, though. It uses Bluetooth5.0 for wireless connection, and so is able to handle TIDAL Masters streams orhigh-res audio files stored on your phone (or whatever you’re driving theTWS50s with).
- Ergonomic and user-friendly design
- v5.0 Bluetooth chipset for enhanced sound quality
- Excellent compatibility with Android and iOS systems
- Not satisfactory battery life for long listening time
In short, if you’re looking for the best cheap Apple AirPods alternatives, there are no reasons to avoid getting the SoundMAGIC TWS50 because of its features and price.
Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Earbuds – Best for easy charging
Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2
Featuring exclusive charging-related features, not only the most extraordinary in this list but also among the top-notch models on the market, Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2 comes out on top as not-to-miss earbuds for those indulging in convenience and simplicity.
According to the manufacturer, the 55 mAh battery can last for up to 7 hours. The battery included in the charging case helps recharge the earbuds three times, and it offers more than 28 hours of playtime. Importantly, it doesn’t take time to recharge the earbuds since they just need a 10-minute charge for the playtime of up to 2 hours.
In addition to the impressive battery, with four built-in microphones and cVc noise reduction technology, users don’t need to worry about the unwanted impact of the environmental noises. Outside of this, the music produced by this earbud model is quite clear thanks to the larger frequency bandwidth for crystal clear treble and deep bass.
However, the minor problem with the Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Earbuds stems from the connectivity. This item doesn’t pair easily with multiple devices, so you may have to make a great effort to ensure these earbuds stay connected.
- Incredible Sound Loved by 20 Million+ People
- Diamond-Inspired Sound: Inspired by the ultra-hard structure of diamonds, Liberty Air 2’s driver domes maintain their rigidity even when vibrating at high frequencies. Music is reproduced with a 15% larger frequency bandwidth for clear treble and 2× more bass.
- Lightweight and pocket-friendly design
- Built-in mics and cVc noise reduction tech for better sound
- 55 mAh battery for 7 hours of playtime
- The difficulty in pairing multiple devices
Our verdict: In a nutshell, the Soundcore Liberty Air 2 earbuds are suitable for those on the move due to its design, but not ideal for those who prefer an easy pairing process.
1MORE Stylish v5.0 Bluetooth Earbuds – Best for long playtime
1MORE Stylish v5.0 Bluetooth
The most noticeable thing about the 1MORE Stylish v5.0 Bluetooth Earbuds is the long playtime. Specifically, this item offers up to 7 hours of uninterrupted playtime on a single charge, and the charging cases extend it to 24 hours. Besides, thanks to the quick charging feature, it just needs only 15 minutes of charging for 3 hours of use.
Concerning the sound performance, this item is optimized for the significantly enhanced audio quality because it’s equipped with the AAC hi-res transmission tech and the Qualcomm chip with aptX. To elaborate on it, this model boasts a higher decoding rate and higher resolution music, allowing you to experience the best sound quality.
However, the only shortcoming of the 1MORE Stylish v5.0 Bluetooth Earbuds is the volume. Though this earbud model works quite well initially, the volume seems to become weaker after just a few months of use.
- Premium Sound Dynamic driver with a titanium composite diaphragm balances powerful bass and exquisite details for a natural and authentic sound
- 24-Hour Playtime with Fast Charge Enjoy an uninterrupted playtime of 6 5 hours on a single charge and extend it to 24 hours with the charging case Quick Charge feature enables 15-minute charging time to fuel up an additional 3 hours of enjoyment
- Compact and comfortable for those on the go
- Qualcomm chip with aptX for excellent sound quality
- Quick charge feature with long playtime
- The low volume after a time of use
In short, regardless of the volume problem and its a bit high price, the 1MORE Stylish v5.0 Bluetooth Earbuds offer many features users, so it’s wise to consider picking this Apple AirPods alternative.
The buying guide for AirPods alternatives
If you’re sitting on the fence about what kinds of cheap Apple AirPods alternatives to opt for, this section is for you. We’ll show you some of the most critical features of the wireless earbuds you should look at before making your purchase.
The sound quality is one of the key things that many customers pay attention to when choosing the headphone. These days, apart from Bluetooth tech, many brands have equipped their earbuds with aptX tech for a higher quality of audio, which is similar to that of a CD.
Hence, it’d be ideal for you to choose the earbuds with both of these two tech features. And you should remember just your audio devices, before buying aptX-supported earbuds, ensure that your speakers, smartphones, or computers support this aptX technology.
In reality, there are a lot of wireless headphones with good reasons to purchase, but for those who always have to move, wireless earbuds with a compact and convenient design would be the best choice. Also, look at the ear tips’ design to make sure that they perfectly fit your ears and stay firm when you’re moving, working out, etc.
It would be best if you also cared about the connectivity of the earbuds and your devices. In other words, you should look at how the earbuds can pair with the external devices. Nowadays, many brands offer NFC technology outside of Bluetooth technology to facilitate the pairing process. Therefore, you could choose the earbuds with both of the two technologies.
Unlike the wired headphones, one of the necessary parts of wireless headphones and earbuds is the battery life. These days, most brands have earbuds with long battery life, so it’s not easy for you to see the difference among multiple earbuds without doing any research.
The final thing you should consider before buying any product may be the price. As with most other products, the one with good quality and features doesn’t come at a low price. To be more specific, the Apple AirPods alternative with modern design and outstanding features may cost you an arm and a leg. In contrast, the one with essential characteristics and medium sound quality is much cheaper.
The final thought
In recapitulation, it’s clear that there are many cheap AirPod alternatives available on the market for you to select. The tips for you are to do research, for instance, consult the above review of the best cheap Apple AirPods alternatives before making any purchase. We hope that this article will help you wisely opt for the most suitable alternative for the luxurious Apple Airpods.