A high-quality sound system can enhance movie times at home. The best Bluetooth transmitter can help users connect wireless headphones and speakers to any TV
Bluetooth was invented in 1989 by a group of Ericsson Mobile scientists and brought in use officially in 1997. Nowadays, Bluetooth transmission is popular in connecting devices together. Having the best Bluetooth transmitter makes a great difference in the audio experience.
A Bluetooth transmitter helps users connect a wide range of wireless devices to the TV, from headphones, gaming consoles, to portable speakers. Certain products even work well in the car to improve the driving time’s quality.
This article will dive into the best products and introduce the trustworthy Bluetooth transmitter for home use.
10 Best Bluetooth Transmitters Review
The following section introduces a close inspection and detailed reviews of the top 10 products on the market.
TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver – Best Overall
TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver
While other products can get overheated and damage the battery, TaoTronics is the best Bluetooth transmitter for TV because it maintains the full functions at a cool temperature when charging. This feature ensures a continuous experience with the users’ favorite movies or music.
The unit offers seamless audio by removing the common lip-sync noise when transmitting audio from one device to another. Plus, the updated Bluetooth 5.0 version is compatible with home TV from Samsung, LG, Sony to many other brands.
Users can switch between the transmitter and receiver mode with one simple click.
ForBluetooth devices’ beginner users, the instruction manual includes a step-by-step guide to set up the connection. Afterward, the transmitter records paired devices, so users don’t need to restart the entire process.
TaoTronics device is also suitable for cars with a charging point, delivering music from the smartphone with ease. The product benefits come at an affordable price. The 24-hour customer support responds quickly to technical issues to bring an excellent customer experience.
However, this product does not include a microphone, which contradicts the wide transmission range of 33 ft. This drawback minimizes the transmitter’s potential as a support for hands-free calls.
- LOW DELAY: Low Latency for High-fidelity Stereo Sound, lag-free content streaming in transmitter mode. Low Latency supported Bluetooth headphones/speakers are required.
- MAKE IT TWO: Upgraded 2-in-1 Bluetooth V5.0 transmitter can be paired with two Bluetooth receivers (like headphones + speakers) simultaneously. Note: Low Latency does NOT support Dual Link mode.
- No overheating
- Smooth audio with noise reduction
- Detailed instruction manual
- Records for paired devices
- High compatibility with a wide range of devices
- Affordable price
- No built-in microphone
Avantree Oasis Plus Bluetooth Transmitter – Best For Multiple Device Performance
Avantree Oasis Plus Bluetooth Transmitter
Avantree Oasis Plus stands out on the market for the ability to connect different devices at the same time without any additional controls or accessories.
This characteristic means one transmitter can stream audio from the TV while broadcasting Bluetooth signals to another device with the 3.5mm digital audio ports.
The other audio-playback device can be a soundbar, a speaker, or an AV receiver. This feature is convenient for listening to the news while walking around the house or enhancing audio with headphones for the movies.
Moreover, the transmission range is proven to expand up to 300 ft.
The lightweight product has a verbal response to let the users know whether it is in the receiver or the transmitter mode. Avantree Oasis Plus delivers high-quality audio thanks to the Qualcomm aptX HD Audio, which is designed with advanced technology.
One major drawback of this transmitter is the purchase does not include battery replacements. The additional cost makes the product end up with a higher price.
- [EXCELLENT SOUND QUALITY] Qualcomm aptX HD Audio ensures compatible Bluetooth devices deliver high definition (HD) Audio. It preserves sound data throughout the Audio transmission, resulting in a ‘better-than-cd’ listening experience. Simple switch to alternate between HD and low latency priority If your device supports both codecs.
- [DUAL-LINK NO LIP SYNC DELAY] Simultaneously stream audio to 2 headphones or speakers with no delay while watching TV, movies or gaming. Note: 1. Not recommended to use dual link with TWS earbuds. 2. To achieve low latency (<40ms delay ) receiving device (headphones / speaker) must also support aptx Low Latency or you may experience a 70-220ms delay. You can check your device compatibility on the aptX official website.
- Easy to use
- Up to 300 ft. of transmission range
- High compatibility with various devices
- Digital audio ports with Qualcomm aptX HD Audio technology
- Noise reduction audio
- No backup battery
Anker Soundsync Bluetooth Transmitter – Best For Home Cinema
Anker Soundsync Bluetooth Transmitter
Anker Soundsync brings a seamless, noise-free audio experience thanks to the aptX HD and Low-Latency sound technology. This feature will turn home movie times into a cinematic atmosphere with defined and lively audio.
The portable transmitter acts as a bridge by receiving Bluetooth signals from one device and delivering the audio through a non-Bluetooth speaker or stereo.
Switch between the dual modes simply by adjusting the button on the side of the transmitter. The manufacturer added RCA, AUX, and optical audio cable as compatible accessories to maximize usage versatility.
Anker Soundsync comes with a rechargeable battery, making it convenient for packing in travel bags. After removing from the charging port, this product can last for a notable duration of 20 hours on continuous usage.
The only minus point for the transmitter is the package may break easily during the shipping process. If this results in a damaged product, the manufacturer will offer you replacements.
- Transmitter and receiver: 2-in-1 design gives almost any Audio device Bluetooth functionality.
- Bluetooth 5: transmits data twice as fast as Bluetooth 4.2 and provides an incredibly Stable Connection at distances over 33 ft. (10 M).
- High clarity audio
- Dual function for transmitting and receiving Bluetooth signals
- 20-hour battery life
- Compatible with various devices
- Poor shipping package quality
TROND Bluetooth Transmitter – Best For Seniors
TROND Bluetooth Transmitter
TROND is one of the veteran brands in integrating the aptX Low-Latency technology in their Bluetooth transmitters.
By combining the HD audio quality with the detailed instructions on setting up the device, this unit is the top choice for beginners, especially for seniors who need minimal steps to control the device.
Each unit broadcasts Bluetooth signals to multiple entertainment points at one time smoothly. This feature guarantees a relaxing environment.
Plus, the TROND Bluetooth transmitter records the paired device history, meaning the transmitter will automatically connect with paired devices. Users don’t need to go through the setup process again in the future.
The transmitter operates on Bluetooth 4.1, which requires no updates for the best functions.
One point to note is the sound quality will decrease and become laggy when the battery is low. Users will want to allow the battery to recharge without turning on the device to preserve the battery in the long run.
- Aptx low latency. Powered by premium csr8670 chipset, trond bt-duo bluetooth transmitter & receiver supports aptx & aptx low latency in both tx and rx mode. You can watch movies while listening to wireless audio in a synchronized fashion and without any noticeable audio delay
- Trond bt-duo can transmit stereo audio wirelessly from your non-bluetooth audio sources such as tv, mp3, cd player, pc or ebook reader to your bluetooth-enabled headphones, speaker or receiver. Enable you enjoy high quality music wirelessly without disturbing others
- Easy to set up and use
- aptX – Low Latency operation
- Recorded device history
- High clarity audio
- Detailed instructions manual
- Multi-point Bluetooth broadcast
- Laggy audio at low battery
Mpow Bluetooth Transmitter and Receiver – Best For Portability
Mpow Bluetooth Transmitter and Receiver
Mpow Bluetooth transmitter is the ideal option for a compact device with a dimension of 6.89 x 4.45 inches. This size helps the product fit well in even a small handbag. Moreover, the device weighs only 3.52 oz.
This unit operates on the Qualcomm chip for clear audio in RX and TX mode.
Mpow enhanced the versatile functions with the microphone included in the device, allowing users to continue their phone calls while walking around the house for other chores. The noise-reduction feature is great support for better call quality.
Aside from the common home TV and stereos, the device also works seamlessly with gaming consoles. The category includes Nintendo Switch, 3DS, and so on.
If users have a charge point in their cars, then Mpow is the ideal companion in the driving time by delivering their favorite music or receiving phone calls.
The battery operates for 14 hours after each charge, and the transmission range is impressive at 50 ft.
During the transmitting process, users want to pay attention to the battery temperature as it can get overheated and damage the device.
- Aptx Low Delay: Bluetooth transmitter Receiver supports aptX Low Latency and aptX HD for Low Delay and High-fidelity Stereo Sound, it is certified according to Qualcomm.
- Dual Connection: Bluetooth adapter can be paired with two Bluetooth receivers simultaneously (like headphones), so you and your family can share music or movie, without disturbing others.Note: aptX Low Latency techniques are not support Dual Connection.
- Portable design
- Compatible with game devices
- High-quality audio with Qualcomm chip
- 14-hour battery life
- Wide transmission range (50 ft.)
- Low price
- Overheating battery
1Mii Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver– Best For Headphones
1Mii Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver
1Mii enhances their multi-point pairing function by utilizing the Bypass mode and the optical and analog outputs.
This feature delivers HD audio to two headphones at the same time, ensuring all users have a great audio experience. Plus, the built-in ESS SABRE DAC converts digital data to analog, combined with the Qualcomm audio chip and aptX to offer Hi-Fi, no lip-sync sound at a smooth speed.
Users can also adjust the audio to focus on HD quality or reduce noise at maximal efficiency.
One unit works seamlessly as a transmitter and a receiver, giving users the ease to play music from the stereo while sharing the Bluetooth signals with another person. When 1Mii operates in the open air, the transmission range reaches as far as 80 ft.
On the flip side, the setting up process may require users a lot of time due to the process’s complicated nature.
- 【Qulacomm Bluetooth 5.0】Featuring the latest Bluetooth 5.0 (CSR8675) and support for Qulacomm aptX HD, aptX Low Latency, aptX and AAC decoding. Simple switch to alternate between HD and low latency priority If your device supports both codecs.
- 【Best-in-Class Audio】 Built-in ESS SABRE DAC which are widely recognized by audiophiles as the gold standard for audio performance. This allies perfectly with the Qualcomm chip. Allow you to enjoy the superior resolution and detail, consistently deliver excellent signal to noise ratio 121dB. The true Hi-Fi 384kHz/32-bit upsampling Audiophile Digital to Analogue Converter DAC allows 1Mii HiFi Adapter to decode and play audio files in all their lossless glory.
- Updated Bluetooth 5.0
- A built-in combination of advanced sound technology
- Dual functions as a transmitter and receiver
- Multi-point pairing
- Up to 80 ft. of transmission range
- Difficult setting up process
MEE Audio Universal Transmitter and Receiver – Best For Classic Bluetooth Devices
MEE Audio Universal Transmitter and Receiver
MEE Audio Universal Transmitter and Receiver offers the optical to a digital output that fits both classic and modern Bluetooth versions. This feature creates a smooth connection with even classic TV models without needing to configure the transmitter to keep up to date.
The versatile connectivity includes both wired and wireless devices.
The 3.5mm input is designed alongside a splitter to connect the unit to an RCA output. The product is small enough to fit in the traveling bag. When MEE Audio is switched on, users can connect up to two pairs of headphones to enjoy the audio together with friends.
Aside from the advantages mentioned above, the battery only lasts for 12 hours. Moreover, the transmitter doesn’t have volume buttons, which is a common feature for technology devices nowadays.
- Connectivity Technology: Wired/Wireless
- Bluetooth stereo audio transmitter enables TVs to stream high definition sound wirelessly
- Easy to use
- Compact design
- Flexible use for multiple devices
- Multi-point pairing
- Compatibility with different versions of Bluetooth
- 12-hour battery life
- No volume control
AluraTek Audio Receiver and Transmitter – Best For Cars
AluraTek Audio Receiver and Transmitter
This 2-in-1 receiver and transmitter does not only include volume control but also comes with a button for skipping or replaying music.
Users can select their favorite songs even while driving, thanks to the simple adjustments. One unit acts as a receiver and a transmitter simultaneously, giving flexibility for users in the same room.
The Low-Latency feature eliminates audio delay for perfect audio synchronization. AluraTek’s portable design will only take up a small space in the bag.
With one charge time, the device can stream continuously for 15 hours. If users don’t want to pause their movie or gaming session, they can charge the lithium-ion battery and operate the unit at the same time. On the side of the transmitter, there is also a 3.5mm input for wired headphones.
Users need to keep track of the battery performance as there is no light or signals on display when the battery is running low.
- Aluratek's Universal Bluetooth Optical Audio Receiver and Transmitter is the one and only adapter you will need to add Bluetooth streaming functionality to your home entertainment system or stream music to your Bluetooth headphones and speakers.
- Optical and 3.5mm Flexibility:3.5mm: Use the included 3.5mm cable to connect to any audio device with an AUX IN / OUT port depending on whether you are using the adapter for receiving and transmitting. Digital Optical: Use the included digital optical audio cable (SPDIF IN / OUT) to connect to your TV or home stereo receiver to give your audio system multi-channeled high definition optical audio.
- Dual functions of transmitting and receiving Bluetooth signals
- Enhanced functionality with the music changing buttons for convenience while driving
- Portable design for cars
- 15-hour battery life
- Compatibility with wired and wireless devices
- No signal when battery is low
ELEGIANT Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver – Best For The Budget
ELEGIANT Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver
With a short charging time of 2.5 hours, the ELEGIANT transmitter can operate 24 hours straight on the 600mAh battery. By implementing aptX HD – LL, the dual-function transmitter removes audio delay completely.
One unit can act as both a receiver and a transmitter. ELEGIANT understands the users’ requirements for a trustworthy product and offers a great value deal for the budget, making the unit a suitable choice for beginners in using Bluetooth transmitters.
The built-in microphone helps hands-free calls become accessible, especially for users who are frequently on business trips.
What makes phone calls better is the buttons on the side to hang up. When the call mode is on, the device will tone down the music gradually, then switch to the call mode smoothly.
The downside of this product is the inconsistent transmission, which can sometimes be laggy.
- ♥【2-IN-1 Transmitter & Receiver Mode】With Upgrade Bluetooth 5.0 technology, transmits data twice as fast as Bluetooth 4.2, more stable connection NEVER cutting in and out.◆In TX mode connect Bluetooth transmitter to Audio output devices, make your TV, computer, iPod stream audio to your Bluetooth speaker, Headphones ◆In RX mode stream audio from your phone to non-Bluetooth device(home stereo system, speakers). Make your old-fashioned home stereo become a smart speaker in seconds.
- ♥【Pair One with Two + NO LIP-SYNC DELAY】Can connect 2 Bluetooth headsets / speakers simultaneously to your TV in transmitter mode, or pair 2 devices to your home stereo system to stream music in receiver mode at the same time. Automatically connect to your previously paired devices at power-up. Supports HD low latency to virtually eliminate bluetooth audio lag. Note: ①In Low Latency mode, Bluetooth headphones / speakers are also required Low Latency.
- Easy to use
- Built-in microphone
- Advanced audio technology
- Quick charging time (2.5 hours for 24-hour operation)
- 24-hour battery life
- Laggy Bluetooth transmission
Friencity aptX Low Latency Transmitter and Receiver – Best For Home Stereos
Friencity aptX Low Latency Transmitter and Receiver
This product comes with a 3.5mm input with RCA support, offering audio with high clarity. While the design specifically aims at stereos, the unit also fits well with a wide range of headphone brands, from regular headphones to pricey tiers like Bose, Sony, and Airpods.
A simple switch to RX mode and Friencity will start receiving signals from other Bluetooth-enabled devices, namely smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
The technology minimizes audio delay within 40 milliseconds to bring enjoyable movies of gold-standard quality.
Once this transmitter has recorded a device, it will automatically connect with paired devices in the future. Plus, this product streams simultaneous audio to all connected devices at the same time.
One point to note is that the transmitter mode and receiver mode can’t perform together.
- ➤【2-IN-1 BLUETOOTH TRANSMITTER RECEIVER】As a Bluetooth Transmitter:Connects TV/PC via 3.5mm or RCA and streams audio to your AirPods Bose Sony TWS Bluetooth headphones or speakers in TX mode; As a Bluetooth Receiver: Receives audio from smartphones, laptop, or iPads and tablets when set in RX mode. Note: Please close the Bluetooth function of other around device during use avoid BTI-018 or your Headphone connect with them.Can‘t be used as both a transmitter and a receiver
- ➤【LOW LATENCY & NO LIP-SYNC DELAY】 Aux to Bluetooth transmitter receiver support Low Latency to reduce audio-visual delay about 40 milliseconds, so you can enjoy TV / Movie / Video and listen with high clarity stereo sound. It can automatically reconnect to the last paired device easily once power on.* NOTE: To achieve low latency, your receiving device must also support Low Latency.
- Easy to configure
- Multi-point pairing
- Automatic connection with previously paired devices
- 14-hour battery life
- 24-month warranty
- Only one function can take place at a time.
Bluetooth Transmitters Buying Guide
It is one of the essential factors when buying a reliable Bluetooth transmitter. A great transmitter should work well with devices that have different operating systems (OS).
For example, when a transmitter pairs with a laptop, users will most likely have Windows 10 or Mac computers. These OSs are popular, but many different OSs exist on the market. The product should also be compatible with older Windows versions, from Windows 8 to 2003.
The type of audio device goes alongside the OS versions. Users need to look for transmitters that connect TV, headphones, consoles, and tablets from different brands.
The technology used in each product decides how it can encode or decode the audio. This feature greatly impacts the quality of the audio transmission, providing either low-quality audio with latency or premium audio with no lip-sync delay.
The list of common audio codecs includes:
- aptX HD
- aptX Low Latency (aptX LL)
From the list above, aptX is the basic requirement for the transmitters.
As for the types of audio output, there are digital and analog outputs. Digital audio output includes optical audio and portable hard drives. Analog audio outputs refer to the 3.5mm headphone jack (commonly phrased as AUX) and RCA (designed with red and white colors).
There are two types of classes for the transmission range:
- Class 1: Delivers audio from approximately 100 meters to 300 feet.
- Class 2: Offers an audio transmission range up to 10 meters or 33 feet.
The device guarantees its transmission range when there is no external impact affecting the device directly. Class 2 is the most common for home use devices.
There are alternative methods to expand the range for Class 2, although the range may not be as high as Class 1.
Users can purchase additional accessories, for example, cables or an audio hub to support the range expansion. Most brands have their accessories to help users deal with this process with ease.
The average time for a built-in battery to operate continuously is 15 hours. Lower battery performance often lasts for only 12 hours. For devices with dual functions, the battery percentage drops greatly when the device is transmitting and receiving signals simultaneously.
Bluetooth transmitters with a rechargeable battery will benefit the users in the long run. A portable device and a lightweight battery save time for packing and still allow users to enjoy their favorite music or keep up with their business meetings thanks to the built-in microphone.
Avoid using the transmitter while charging, as this may cause overheating and damage the battery. Many brands have also introduced an anti-overheating battery as a solution to this behavior.
With a sufficient charging time and suitable use to preserve energy, the battery will last for a long time.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the differences between a Bluetooth transmitter and a receiver?
A Bluetooth audio transmitter connects a Bluetooth device with a non-Bluetooth device.
For example, when a transmitter works with a TV and a headphone, the transmitter acts as a bridge between these two devices. As a result, users can hear the sound from the TV on the headphones.
On the other hand, a Bluetooth receiver connects a Bluetooth device to a non-Bluetooth device. If the user has a smartphone and a wireless audio speaker, the Bluetooth receiver will let the speaker play music from the phone. In other words, the phone will stream music through the speaker.
Most brands have developed their products to match the consumer’s demands. Many Bluetooth transmitters have the dual function of receiving signals. This feature doesn’t only utilize the battery but also makes each purchase a great value deal.
Can a Bluetooth device be compatible with products from different brands?
According to the Bluetooth Logo Certification program, all Bluetooth products must be compatible with products from other manufacturers. Otherwise, the products can’t acquire the Bluetooth logo.
This policy gives users high flexibility in choosing products that match their purposes and budget. One Bluetooth device can work smoothly with products from popular brands such as Apple and Samsung to smaller-scale brands.
How many devices can one Bluetooth transmitter connect?
Normally, one Bluetooth transmitter can connect up to two devices. Most products manufactured by the same brand allow the transmitter to pair with up to four devices at once. This function comes from the matching input and output settings with the same technology.
If users own various products from different brands, there are accessories available to support the pairing process.
Can a Bluetooth device transmit and receive at the same time?
Depending on the design, some Bluetooth devices can transmit and receive Bluetooth signals from different sources. It means that when one user is listening to music on the speaker, another user can connect the transmitter with a game console. The sound quality remains seamless for all users.
Most manufacturers include this feature to utilize audio technology and give users high flexibility in pairing the devices.
One point to note is when a device operates both the functions, the battery can decrease faster than the regular usage. Some devices allow users to keep on streaming audio while charging.
Overall, the TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver is the final answer to the top question of what is the best Bluetooth transmitter for TV?
This product integrated advanced technology to bring a consistent audio experience with no lip-sync interruptions. Plus, TaoTronics is compatible with various devices.
The runner-up is the Avantree Oasis Plus Bluetooth Transmitter with a notably wide transmission range of up to 300 ft. and a compact design for fitting nicely in the bag.
Finally, ELEGIANT Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver is the best Bluetooth transmitter for the budget, thanks to the full support for hands-free calling at a low price.